Ticket issue. Advice???

Guest edwardd527

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they picked that film knowing what the law is, o-well. I use suntek, normally 38 carbon, but some 35. It will read 27-29% on most new factory glass. I also calibrate my meter regularly and Properly, which cops never do. :boogie

Just swapping the rollups is no big deal. How you approach it is according to if they think it's legal or not.

I received an email today from a customer did workfor 2 months ago. The car was a acura tl the bad ass one (turbo or what ever)a very nice car...the customer chose suntek carbon 35% which I installed. The wife, whom drives the car received a ticket and the customer claims that she was told it was 25%(which there is no carbon 25% to my knowledge nor have I ever purchased a 25%).

The customer has requested that I either refund the money or replace it with 50%. I was very clear when explaining the legalities as always. I expect a call from the customer very soon so I could use some advice.

I am prepared to explain that I don't carry a 25%, that the area in which the citation was received is wel known for tint tickets, that the tint meter may be inaccurate or needs to be calibrated, or perhaps there was dirt on the window, also the fact that the glass will add to the meter reading up to 5%...

Anyone got any good advice?

Just replace it with the 50 and move on. It will take you a hour and the customer will be happy and be your cheerleader instead of someone who badmouths your business

Just one more reason to do them legal in the first place !

There would be no discussion had it been done legal.

Yep

As an installer or business owner you knowing install darker than allowed, you are liable for more than you can imagine

Just one more reason to do them legal in the first place !

There would be no discussion had it been done legal.

Yep

As an installer or business owner you knowing install darker than allowed, you are liable for more than you can imagine

:gasp

Keep it legal. I dont care if you "tell them that it's illegal"....liability still rests with you. :lol2

Did you receipt this job ? I know a guy who years ago had a lady sign a waiver for 5% all around. She turned around and took him to court, saying that her car was all scratched up. He ended up having to pay like $600 when all was said and done. If you are gonna tint illegal, NO PAPER TRAIL !!! CASH ONLY NO RECEIPT !!! And just tell your customer you can get tickets for it, and you are not liable for that. I would say if you havce a paper trail, just redo the work , because it could turn into far more than you want to deal with.

Did you receipt this job ? I know a guy who years ago had a lady sign a waiver for 5% all around. She turned around and took him to court, saying that her car was all scratched up. He ended up having to pay like $600 when all was said and done. If you are gonna tint illegal, NO PAPER TRAIL !!! CASH ONLY NO RECEIPT !!! And just tell your customer you can get tickets for it, and you are not liable for that. I would say if you havce a paper trail, just redo the work , because it could turn into far more than you want to deal with.

:evileye brilliant reply.....a real credit to our industry.....

Archived