Florida tint law help

Guest dbraves

Guest dbraves

I am new to the forum and wanted some tint law help. I have a full size 4 door f150 King ranch truck the 4 bucket seat model. The type of vehicle on the door jamb states TRUCK. Is my truck considered a MPV since it says vehicles built to carry 10 or fewer passengers built on a truck chassis and I believe it states extra cab trucks? If that’s the case my back window and rear window can be 6% and there is a 3 % margin so it can actually be 3% correct? My front windows need to be 28% to be legal and I am ok right?

I heard you can get a medical exemption. I wanted to look into that since I do wear and have wore contacts since I was prob 14 and never change them and never take them out and at night it’s hard for me to see when people are coming directly at me or when they are behind me and the lights are hitting my mirrors. I can get a doctor to write it up and be exempt correct?

Thanks

Yeah you have the law right. I think it is 3.5% variance. However you still may get a ticket. Cops don't really know the laws very well. Even when they think they do. I got pulled over with my wagon and my door jam says MPV. The cop told me that an MPV was a limo or something like that. Retard. He gave me a ticket anyway. So you still may get one, just have to go to court. I have also had a few customers with crew cab trucks that get tickets for having the back 5%.

Yeah, definitely not gonna get a doctor's note because you wear contacts. If you have an eye condition such as one or both pupils cannot dialate or a skin condition you may be able to get one. Do you leave your contacts in 24 hours a day????

lol..sorry but you wrong legal limit for florida on a truck is going to be 28% on the front two doors and 15% threw out the rest...any darker and you will be getting a ticket and will be fight a law that is written in a statue that can be interpeted two ways... more or less a judge will laugh at you for having any darker than stated in the statue

you should look the statue up..you are reading the statue wrong and even on a mpv the rear glass is not aloud to be 5% on the cargo area which is the rear sides....

lmao.. a judge in any court room will not allow 5% on rear glass here in florida

I have read the statute and printed it and laminated it and went to court and the judge dropped my ticket. The language in the statute sucks. It is pretty grey. To me an MPV is a a multi purpose vehicle. AKA, truck, van, SUV, wagon, etc. Florida law since 1991 says 6% on rear of MPV. I don't think there is a right or wrong to this question. That is why I tell customers the same thing. If I cover your back factory tint with 20% it may or may not be within legal limit depending on who you get a ticket from or stand in front of in court.

(a) Sunscreening material consisting of film which, when applied to and tested on the rear window glass of the specific motor vehicle, has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 35 percent as measured on the nonfilm side and a light transmittance of at least 15 percent in the visible light range; however, sunscreening material which, when applied to and tested on the rear window glass of the specific motor vehicle, has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 35 percent as measured on the nonfilm side and a light transmittance of at least 6 percent in the visible light range may be used on multipurpose passenger vehicles.

I have read the statute and printed it and laminated it and went to court and the judge dropped my ticket. The language in the statute sucks. It is pretty grey. To me an MPV is a a multi purpose vehicle. AKA, truck, van, SUV, wagon, etc. Florida law since 1991 says 6% on rear of MPV. I don't think there is a right or wrong to this question. That is why I tell customers the same thing. If I cover your back factory tint with 20% it may or may not be within legal limit depending on who you get a ticket from or stand in front of in court.

(a) Sunscreening material consisting of film which, when applied to and tested on the rear window glass of the specific motor vehicle, has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 35 percent as measured on the nonfilm side and a light transmittance of at least 15 percent in the visible light range; however, sunscreening material which, when applied to and tested on the rear window glass of the specific motor vehicle, has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 35 percent as measured on the nonfilm side and a light transmittance of at least 6 percent in the visible light range may be used on multipurpose passenger vehicles.

thats is the tricky part as far as layering...5% over factory wouldn't work but 15% over factory is less than 6% and would be border line..meaning a cop can right a ticket if he wants, then its up to you to prove the fact. me a rather not give them the time of day..taking time off work to go show a piece of paper. that would cost me 300 dollars just to leave work!

NOT WORTH IT TO ME.. or to get fined for sticking illegal tint

Archived