Florida tint law help

Guest dbraves

Guest dbraves

I also wanted to ask can I tell him my windows dont work and with that can he write me a tint ticket since he cant get an actual reading. Can he write me another type of ticket? Wearing contacts may not get me an expemetion but with it being hard to see at night and the contacts causing glare and the oncoming headlights and headlights behind me cause lots of glare and stress to my eyes and strain and make it difficult to see the road without tint. How is that not possible to get a tint exemption

Guest dbraves

Also I wanted to add to see if this was an illegal ticket. I talked to a friend that has been a cop for many years. They pulled me over read the tint and it was illegal then asked me to step out asked a ton of questions and another 15-20 mins goes by and then they ask to search I say no there is no reason to. I had nothing to hide but still for a tint ticket you want to search. Then they call a K-9 10 mins later the dog shows up and finds nothing then they issue the ticket for tint. I was told thats not legal because it was after the dog searched and a 45 min process for a tint ticket way too long.

Hmm I don't see why the tint ticket would be invalid because of a 45 minute delay. That is interesting. Everything else was legal and you did the right thing by not letting them search your car. I've had that happen as well and will not let some cop search my car and plant something in there. F that. Back to the ticket, I would talk to a lawyer and see what the protocol is. That would be pretty cool if you got out of the ticket for that

Guest dbraves

The officer thats a friend said the ticket is possibly not legal since it was issued after the dog searched after I said no to the search. So basically the ticket was due to me saying no on the search and the dog comming up empty. He said the length of the entire stop was way too long for just a tint ticket should of been your tint is too dark, read it, ID and reg, and then issue the ticket and have a good night top 15 mins. Either way even if I take it to a judge I am sure he will say well its illegal have you removed the tint and if I say no then he will prob just say remove it or pay the fine you are in the wrong either way. Its sarasota county so I can only imagine. Sarasota county has some of the most horrible laws on things.

Archived