Question for the Best Buy Tinters

I think he misinterpreted the original phrase as that "BB will fail at doing warranty work" versus warranty work will lead to their demise. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Best buy will fail with warranty work.. watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty asinine comment :linedrink

Explain why.

How do you fail with warranty work? Explain why.

If a warranty comes in just in the same way a warranty were to come into your shop does it bout put you out of business? As a reminder to all who think BB is tinting nation wide let me correct you in that they don't only a handful of stores that they think can be profitable with it are doing it now...

What will haunt the BB stores is not warranty work due to film failure but redo work due to sub par installation. I'm sure you realize that is work that BB will take on the chin. The time spent fixing problems will, at the end of the day make it more grief than it is worth for the franchise. The simple truth to the matter is that auto tinting is a fussy business. Most of the experienced guys / gals will not tolerate other things going on right next to them while they are working because it takes very little to stir up dust and debris, and if a tinter has just spent 20 minutes cleaning and shrinking a BG then a stereo guy kicks up dust by slamming a door that causes a hair to land on the film...... Some one is getting a beat down. Like I said BB will get their fair share of fast food type customers but to retain a 5 star cook,.....BB just won't have the ability to keep premiere talent. Thus they will ALWAYS have newbee installers. Which will end up causing the inevitable exit from the tinting game.

a note to all best buy tinters, you will be surprised what a real professional tinter makes a year. and when they find out they will leave for a better tint shop. this will lead to BB having to keep retraining people, and as soon as they get somebody who does a decent job they will leave. this is what will pump out a bunch of bad tint jobs and keep the warranty work coming in

Some one is getting a beat down.............

:lol2 ......... :lol2

Cmon, have you ever had that happen to you? You get the window all clean, the BG all shrunk nice, peel and soak the film and as you are all contorted up beyond imagination to stuff the film into the back seat. Then some skin gun turns on a shop vac or opens the overhead door, o ly to put a pubic hair smack in the center of the film, far enough in so you can not get it out without making more of a mess. Maybe it is just that I'm a premadona,biach. But I just about have a melt down when someone fuggs up my work on me.

Some good points made :lol2 ..and funny ones too :lol2

That sad ending to the point Tomtint was making though is that in this high turn around of tinters quoting to work for others or for themselves in turns turns your BB area into a whored out pricing war of half trained , jack of all trade, master of non tinters.

Guest mikebrooks

THIS IS THE BEST !!!!! Totally agree with Tom and I fell everyone hit the nail on the head with the "warranty" work, that, like was said before, "creases and bad installs are not warranty work". They WILL fail. it's a matter of how much is BB willing to lose bf they call it quits??????

Archived