Question for the Best Buy Tinters

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TexasTinter
In your area how many other local tint shops are there? What is your areas population?

there are 10 known shops besides my own. 1 local real competitor out of the 10 and about 20 guys that say they can tint. and try to low ball every bid i get. and my pop is appox 120k.

Guest transaman98

I dunno what the population is in Kansas City...maybe a million around the entire metro. I am sure there is over a dozen tint shops. We have 3 within about 10 min of where I am at fwiw.

Best buy will fail with warranty work.. watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty asinine comment :lol2

They will have the quality of tinting that matches their car audio department for sure! Minimum wage or just above employees will NEVER produce the quality of work that is demanded of "real" tint shops!

My personal take on the BB tint situation is this, They will get a fair amount of business due to the one stop shopping, up sell etc. Will they have the best installers available......Not by a long shot. This is why McDonalds and Burger King have a place in the food chain. If you want a great steak you are not going to Macs lounge for it. I can in no way see BB as a real, long term threat to a true professional shop. I also agree that the warranty / comeback problem will be greater than any of the shop managers are prepared for. One of the big problems will be when the public looks at the "professional" work that gets pushed out the door. Back in my early days SEARS tried the same thing and it ended in a couple years.

Yeah the Sears thing was bad. The first shop I worked for did the Sears thing.

We had to have a separate phone line for it, we'd get a call on the normal line for a quote, then the same person would call our Sears line and we had to give them a higher price quote. It was a joke and didn't last long.

Guest BestBuyNowTints

Pretty asinine comment :dunno

Explain why.

How do you fail with warranty work? Explain why.

If a warranty comes in just in the same way a warranty were to come into your shop does it bout put you out of business? As a reminder to all who think BB is tinting nation wide let me correct you in that they don't only a handful of stores that they think can be profitable with it are doing it now...

Guest Malcolm E Boo

Pretty asinine comment :dunno

Explain why.

How do you fail with warranty work? Explain why.

If a warranty comes in just in the same way a warranty were to come into your shop does it bout put you out of business? As a reminder to all who think BB is tinting nation wide let me correct you in that they don't only a handful of stores that they think can be profitable with it are doing it now...

Turning the question round isn't really explaining why it was an asinine comment.

Archived