Little Giant

So im ready to break down and get an LG 26 1a and i know everyone here swears by them, my only concern is watching

using it as an extension ladder looks scary as :lol Im not really concerned of it breaking but more so that that is alot of play in a ladder..Im hoping this video is like a cheapo version of LG and the 26 1a is much better built :chin it's supposed to have some type of triple lock system which i assume would correct this issue?? Also is this ladder fairly easy to set up solo by yourself? Im tired of lugging a 12ft A frame into houses solo and ive been wanting an LG for some time..

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that LG is not gonna be any lighter then what you already have, but it will let you get much higher then a 12 footer. I would just order one straight from LG. Last time I looked they were offering free shipping.

I want to get a sky scraper myself. I have been saving up so next time I get a call to use one I will be ordering it. :chin

I dont think the ladder in that video is a Little Giant. Not to mention, if they put more angle on the ladder that wouldnt happen. They were intentionally making that ladder wobble, and bend in the opposite direction. Ive put mine in that position numerous times with zero issues. The LG will sag in the middle, which sucks, but putting the LG in that position is a last resort for me. 95% of the time its in the "A" frame position.

So im ready to break down and get an LG 26 1a .....

I have a 22... plus a skyscraper... but I'd like to get the 26 for the jobs where the 22 is just a bit short but lugging the skyscraper is a pain. :thumb

If I could go back I would have gotten the 26 in the first place and just skipped the 22...

In any event, you'll like it. Very stable... :D

next ladder I buy will be an LG SKYSCRAPER, so I don't have to tint chit this way

I think I've tinted that way - using the LG as an extension ladder - maybe twice. I hate doing it.... I feel so unsafe and would rather reschedule the job then have to do that. My LG - I'll hang off of it like a monkey..... but only as an "A". Probably has to do with the fact as a kid I used to live in the woods... climbing trees, building forts, etc.

Archived