Classic Black from EWF

I still don't get it.

I just don't see why there could be an optional extended warranty on something as simple as window film? It's not something that can be dropped or has moving parts than can wear out. The only two instances that I could see using it would be if a window that was tinted got broken and replaced, and maybe if the film gets scratched after installation (if it's covered in your extended warranty).

painted 600rr, I can see that now, I didn't before :cool

Either way, thanks for your time EWF. Just not MY cup of tea brotha :beer

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im not sure if you were being sarcastic or not but i dont think we are comparing a dishwasher to film. its comparing the sales approach on the added warranty.

Hi painted600rr !!

Correct. It is the sales approach that is the central focus of the subject program.

-Howard

I just don't see why there could be an optional extended warranty on something as simple as window film?

Hi window_tintee !!

I understand your position quite well. There was a time when I felt that way as well.

I wish I could tell you that this was a new concept, but this has been in the industry for decades. Back in the late 1980s/early 1990s we were an exclusive distributor for a US manufacturer and a program like this was introduced. Like you, I was scratching my head at first but we had a few dozen dealers that picked the ball up and ran with it. I believe that the gent that devised it frequents these boards and will likely be smiling when he reads this. Most of the US distributors were skeptical, but the program became very popular.

In fact, when the program ended, several of the dealers decided just to launch an in-house program of their own to fill in the gap. To this day, many of them are still selling it (their own version of the retired program).

Regards,

Howard

-Howard

Guest tinthoss

It either has a warranty or not, borderline deceptive trade in my personal opinion :dunno I try to live my life and conduct my business by one of my grandfathers old sayings " pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered". Sounds like someones getting greedy here :badidea I would like to see a poll from the members here whether they honestly think this is a good idea or not.

We will sell you this product with a full CS warranty

We will sell you this product with our Standard Lifetime Warranty

It's entirely up to you. The price differential is very, very small ( I will not post it here).

We will offer you the Upgrade Warranty Certificates

You can resell them to your customers

You can just give them away as a free promotion (they are beautiful).

It's entirely up to you. The price differential is very, very small (I will not post it here).

These are difficult times for many of our customers. They want to offer their clientele choices, but are not able to cover the costs of inventorying more than one line of film. This program is for them.

It makes no difference to EWF as to how you want to handle it. Either way is perfectly AOK on our end.

EWF already has a 1.5M NR Lifetime CS Product in it's catalog. This is an identical construction, color matched to a Lifetime CS product made by one of our best competitors. This is not an economy film. It is a top-tier premium product with an optional/upgradeable warranty. The operative word being optional.

If you still have questions, just call me at (800)FILM-NOW.

-Howard

Guest tinthoss

We will sell you this product with a full CS warranty

We will sell you this product with our Standard Lifetime Warranty

It's entirely up to you. The price differential is very, very small ( I will not post it here).

We will offer you the Upgrade Warranty Certificates

You can resell them to your customers

You can just give them away as a free promotion (they are beautiful).

It's entirely up to you. The price differential is very, very small (I will not post it here).

These are difficult times for many of our customers. They want to offer their clientele choices, but are not able to cover the costs of inventorying more than one line of film. This program is for them.

It makes no difference to EWF as to how you want to handle it. Either way is perfectly AOK on our end.

EWF already has a 1.5M NR Lifetime CS Product in it's catalog. This is an identical construction, color matched to a Lifetime CS product made by one of our best competitors. This is not an economy film. It is a top-tier premium product with an optional/upgradeable warranty. The operative word being optional.

If you still have questions, just call me at (800)FILM-NOW.

-Howard

If this post is directed at me let me know and I will post my thoughts only about this concept. :dunno

If this post is directed at me let me know and I will post my thoughts only about this concept. :dunno

Hi Tinthoss !!!!

It was a general post, not directed specifically at you.

You did mention in a previous post that you thought EWF was engaging in a deceptive practice. Can I please ask you what it is you know that we do not which would lead you to this conclusion?

Regards,

Howard

Guest tinthoss

Hi Tinthoss !!!!

It was a general post, not directed specifically at you.

You did mention in a previous post that you thought EWF was engaging in a deceptive practice. Can I please ask you what it is you know that we do not which would lead you to this conclusion?

Regards,

Howard

Let me clarify it then and make it a broader statement so my post does not make it look like it pointed directly at you. I beleive in MY personal opinion that any manufactor or distributor that is trying to pull what you are pulling with the warranty upsell is deceptive. I have no problem with a tint shop doing it.

If you are selling the same exact film and trying to line your pocket with an upsell on warranties I think its greedy, deceptive, and absurd. There may be others on here that agree or disagree and thats just life. Hell I'm wrong everyday just ask my wife.

If you are so concerned with some of your customers struggling then why not offer the film to all the dealers at the same price, give them the warranties and let them decide if they want to upsell them to help out there bottom lines. I would imagine your profit level off your films would allow you to cover the cost of printing the warranty cards.

Nothing personal just my 2cents.

I think its greedy, deceptive, and absurd.

Tinthoss,

Ouch !!!!! Yikes !!!!! That hurt !!!!!

A short list of companies that will sell you an enhanced warranty on their products. It's the same product whether you opt in/out:

Apple I-phone

Dell Computers

Goodyear Tires

Sears Roebuck

Express Window Films

(to name a few)

Note to anyone purchasing this product. No EWF staff member will push this warranty on you. In fact, we won't even mention it unless you do (other than to answer your questions). The small cost of the cards covers the printing and administrative costs of the program. We will give you the cards for free on your first two orders to see if you like it. After that, we will never mention it again !!!! You have my word !!!!

-Howard

Guest tinthoss

I think its greedy, deceptive, and absurd.

Tinthoss,

Ouch !!!!! Yikes !!!!! That hurt !!!!!

A short list of companies that will sell you an enhanced warranty on their products. It's the same product whether you opt in/out:

Apple I-phone

Dell Computers

Goodyear Tires

Sears Roebuck

Express Window Films

(to name a few)

Note to anyone purchasing this product. No EWF staff member will push this warranty on you. In fact, we won't even mention it unless you do (other than to answer your questions). The small cost of the cards covers the printing and administrative costs of the program. We will give you the cards for free on your first two orders to see if you like it. After that, we will never mention it again !!!! You have my word !!!!

-Howard

Apples to apples, name another film company? And again if your margins arent high enough on your film sales to cover the printing and administrative cost then I dont know what to tell you. Seems like ther high enough to afford airplane fuel :D

Archived