Classic Black from EWF

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it sounds shady

Hi Micro,

Would you like an extended parts and labor warranty with your new Sears Dishwasher, sir? What's shady about that?

Warranty upgrades have been around for decades. We're all familiar with the eager sales clerk mentioning it post sale to earn a little extra commission.

-Howard

thats how i saw it. just like selling the customer an extended warranty. just because the customer doesnt purchase the warranty doesnt mean the product will be crap. still getting the same great product but with some piece of mind.

i currently am installing QDP exclusively but i think im gonna be giving this film a try. i like the price as well.

I just charge out the ass and I'll cover any warranty issues myself. I'm really considering the Classic Black after reading this thread... the stuff is cheap! and color issues aren't that big up here in the 'land of the midnight sun.'

color issues aren't that big up here in the 'land of the midnight sun.'

Hi Bobwires !!!

Classic Black is a Color Stable film whether or not you decide to purchase and resell the optional warranty. It's made exclusively for EWF by the finest window film manufacturer on this planet.

If you would rather just purchase a film with the CS warranty already included - we sell that as well. Your net cost per vehicle tinted is the same. CB just gives you the opportunity to sell the upgrade.

-Howard

Ive put a bit of it on. Currently carry the 5, 15, 20, and 35. The 20 looks dead on for factory tint. Clarity and handling are both great. Ill know by next year an answer on stability. Ill be watching the top edge of my windows.

I have not had any issues with the rolls, color, or optical flaws. No adhesive failure at all. No peeling. Still going to carry the ever popular QDP 30, but thats about it.

it sounds shady

Hi Micro,

Would you like an extended parts and labor warranty with your new Sears Dishwasher, sir? What's shady about that?

Warranty upgrades have been around for decades. We're all familiar with the eager sales clerk mentioning it post sale to earn a little extra commission.

-Howard

I debated posting but here goes: there is a big difference between a dishwasher and window film. Both need qualified technicians to repair/replace them if they fail, but window film has so many less parts than a dishwasher.

A few layers of film, an adhesive layer, and dye/metal compared to...well...whatever is in a dishwasher- I don't know exactly whats in a dishwasher but I'm sure we can all guess it's much more advanced.

:twocents just my opinion but I will never "sell" a warranty for my work and products

I will never "sell" a warranty for my work and products

Hi Window_tintee !!

In the entire history of business, few products have achieved the customer satisfaction, product reliability and brand loyalty as an Apple I-phone. Yet, when I visited the store last month to purchase five of them for EWF, I was offered an enhanced warranty. Steve Jobs (R.I.P) did not share your view.

I understand that this may not be right for you, but anyone that decides to incorporate this into their business is in good company (Apple) and is going to make a lot of extra money. If dealer tints 15 cars per week and has a 65% batting average at selling the upgrades, he/she will have $18,759.00 more in their pocket at the end of the year.

Call me at (800)FILM-NOW if you want the math explained.

Here is the problem for anyone that thinks this is “shady”: It’s not “shady” at all, but with that mindset, you will find it difficult to sell it to a client. I say just give it your best shot. The worst possible outcome is that they will decline it.

Classic Black has been shipping with the CS Warranty Cards (at no charge) for several months. We are going to extend this thru November and will then start offering the cards free of charge for your first two CB orders. This will give our customers a chance to practice their sales pitch and get accustomed to the feeling of having a lot of extra money in their pockets every week.

Remember that this entire program is optional (like the I-phone warranty). I walked out of the store with the same phone, no matter what I decided. You are getting the same Color Stable product whether or not you decide to purchase/sell the additional coverage. There is nothing stopping you from giving it away for free as a promotion, or just buying one of our films that already have it as standard feature (in which case the price works out to be the same).

Most importantly, this is a world class quality product made by the top window film manufacturer in the world today.

-Howard

it sounds shady

Hi Micro,

-Howard

I debated posting but here goes: there is a big difference between a dishwasher and window film. Both need qualified technicians to repair/replace them if they fail, but window film has so many less parts than a dishwasher.

A few layers of film, an adhesive layer, and dye/metal compared to...well...whatever is in a dishwasher- I don't know exactly whats in a dishwasher but I'm sure we can all guess it's much more advanced.

:twocents just my opinion but I will never "sell" a warranty for my work and products

im not sure if you were being sarcastic or not but i dont think we are comparing a dishwasher to film. its comparing the sales approach on the added warranty.

Archived