Classic Black from EWF

Nice, i guess i will be trying it soon. At the moment i use QDP and EWF Ceramic 70% for CA Legal front tints.

A 70% VLT film is not legal in California :headbang

You shouldn't run into any issues but I would not advertise it or sell it as such.

Hi Larry, the last vehicle i did that film with was a 04 Viper which was two days ago. After i shaved the edges, i put my Meter on and it showed 71%. From what i have read, you can have net 70% vlt on the front doors in CA.

So far the EWF Ceramic has been great, i do use a lot less J&J Probably one drop to 29oz of water and i have no issues with the install, or the Ghost thing that has been described on this site.

This is one of the many sites that i have seen the laws for different states.

http://tintlaws.com/laws/CA/

Glad to hear you are using a meter.

Did you happen to meter the glass prior to the install? If so what did it read?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice, i guess i will be trying it soon. At the moment i use QDP and EWF Ceramic 70% for CA Legal front tints.

A 70% VLT film is not legal in California :lol2

You shouldn't run into any issues but I would not advertise it or sell it as such.

Hi Larry, the last vehicle i did that film with was a 04 Viper which was two days ago. After i shaved the edges, i put my Meter on and it showed 71%. From what i have read, you can have net 70% vlt on the front doors in CA.

So far the EWF Ceramic has been great, i do use a lot less J&J Probably one drop to 29oz of water and i have no issues with the install, or the Ghost thing that has been described on this site.

This is one of the many sites that i have seen the laws for different states.

http://tintlaws.com/laws/CA/

Glad to hear you are using a meter.

Did you happen to meter the glass prior to the install? If so what did it read?

Thank's. I didn't meter the glass prior to the install. But what i did was, cut a small peace of the tint and installed it on the glass. Let it dry for few minutes and then i put the meter on, and it showed 70%. So, that gave me the chance to show the customer what i was talking about, and what it would come out after the install. So, once i did the two doors and shaved the edges i put the meter on and it said 71% :) I have been following Howard's formula on finding out what shades to use, and what the outcome will be with different glass and different vlt's.

Can't wait to try some out

I love it now that Ive worked with it more. Im going to slowly transition over to it completely. Shrinks really fast and I think the clarity is outstanding. Its my favorite from EWF.

Howard has the equipment to test the color stability... Since the color is unlike any other film from EWF, I wonder how it performs next to QDP. Especially since we have to BUY color stable warranty cards for this one.

Hi MobileTint,

Classic Black is still in beta mode now and will ship with the CS Warranty for a few more weeks. After that, the CS cards will be available for a small additional fee ($2.95-$3.95 is proposed). There are two reasons for this:

• We have no desire to cannibalize the QDP Franchise, which is the strongest product we have ever sold. Customers who want the automatically included CS warranty would be better off purchasing QDP (do the math).
  • We want to provide our dealers with the opportunity for an up sell, without having to stock multiple lines. We hear over and over again that this is a major barrier in terms of capital and storage space. CB will allow our customers to increase their profits by 20%-40% by offering the optional CS protection.

We will formally announce the launch soon. The reorder and approval rate has been 100% thus far.

-Howard

Hi MobileTint,

Classic Black is still in beta mode now and will ship with the CS Warranty for a few more weeks. After that, the CS cards will be available for a small additional fee ($2.95-$3.95 is proposed). There are two reasons for this:

• We have no desire to cannibalize the QDP Franchise, which is the strongest product we have ever sold. Customers who want the automatically included CS warranty would be better off purchasing QDP (do the math).
  • We want to provide our dealers with the opportunity for an up sell, without having to stock multiple lines. We hear over and over again that this is a major barrier in terms of capital and storage space. CB will allow our customers to increase their profits by 20%-40% by offering the optional CS protection.

We will formally announce the launch soon. The reorder and approval rate has been 100% thus far.

-Howard

I enjoy both films. Im aprehensive about the color stabilty because its not included in the warranty. I understand the marketing strategy, but would like to know how it performed in the QUV.

Hi MT,

I like your cautious approach. You should learn to fly - great attitude to have around airplanes.

It will take until December to have the QUV results. The film is slated for inclusion in the Classic Series (CS=Color Stable). The components in this film are identical to those included in other EWF CS lines, but the proportions have been adjusted to match a competitor's product which is a top seller.

I will keep you posted. For now, you can purchase it with the CS warranty included, UFN.

-Howard

Guest Crackz
Hi MobileTint,

-Howard

so what you are saying is...you have one film with ether not color stable or stable warranty....you are just charging for the color stable card?...then in return the dealer sell the cs card to the customer?.

either the film is color stable or not...which is it?

thats correct TG its cs

Hi MT,

I like your cautious approach. You should learn to fly - great attitude to have around airplanes.

It will take until December to have the QUV results. The film is slated for inclusion in the Classic Series (CS=Color Stable). The components in this film are identical to those included in other EWF CS lines, but the proportions have been adjusted to match a competitor's product which is a top seller.

I will keep you posted. For now, you can purchase it with the CS warranty included, UFN.

-Howard

I was going every saturday for a while... then building a house and having a baby put me back on the ground. There is a time for everything. Keep us posted, I do like this film.

Archived