Security Film

Guest sunray

On the topic of 995, the last job we were on had a previous install where the company just squirted it right outa the tube and left it, no tooling just a big fat bead of 995.

Other then looking like shiat, do you think that it would not be as strong, or ......?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it should be tool'd to makes sure and get an even consistant bite, I have seen guys install it without tape and it come out pretty good but I dont think it will ever look as good as when someone who knows what they are doing who tapes and smooths it out. I think if you want to do it the way it was tested, and I think that means pulling gaskets and shooting 995 to fill the channel and not replacing gaskets. I dont know why you couldnt install all 4 sides at once, tape off all the windows first, then come back and shoot your 995 and smooth it out and pull tape immediatly then move to next window rinse wash repeat.

it should be tool'd to makes sure and get an even consistant bite, I have seen guys install it without tape and it come out pretty good but I dont think it will ever look as good as when someone who knows what they are doing who tapes and smooths it out. I think if you want to do it the way it was tested, and I think that means pulling gaskets and shooting 995 to fill the channel and not replacing gaskets. I dont know why you couldnt install all 4 sides at once, tape off all the windows first, then come back and shoot your 995 and smooth it out and pull tape immediatly then move to next window rinse wash repeat.

The ones that I have seen that were used for testing, had gaskets that did not even need to be trimmed or removed.

We hired a professional caulker to do a large job and used no tape, if it did not look perfectly strait he used a 1" razor blade to remove the 995 from the film, it looked perfect and could not tell looking at the film.

nice! I can wetglaze pretty dam good but I would rather pay someone else to do it, its such a pain to tape off and its so messy too. I go through a box of rubber gloves in one day.

nice! I can wetglaze pretty dam good but I would rather pay someone else to do it, its such a pain to tape off and its so messy too. I go through a box of rubber gloves in one day.

:thumb

I remember training a young guy once. He didn't wear gloves and got some on his hand. The next thing you know he somehow got it on his eyelashes "framelocking" his eyes shut! It was like a GSA 3B eyeball :lol we had to OLFA his eyelashes so he could open his eyes. :lol

:bingo

I remember training a young guy once. He didn't wear gloves and got some on his hand. The next thing you know he somehow got it on his eyelashes "framelocking" his eyes shut! It was like a GSA 3B eyeball :lol we had to OLFA his eyelashes so he could open his eyes. :imok

That sounds awsome, you are can do surgery too huh? Was talkin to another installer and he was telling me about a lady that put her hand in a freshly glazed install at a bank and then proceeded to wipe it off on her white sweater, Then asked how to get it off and she was told to just throw it away!

Archived