Waiver For Dark Film Nc? Shop Liability?

Guest AdkinsTINTSHACK

Guest AdkinsTINTSHACK

Hey guys. 9+ years in business and running strong. located in NC. Recently, the DMV has been crazy rediculous on local tint shops. bout a 50 mile radius... I have been threatened for tinting vehicles too dark, with a fine, and possible closure... shew...

Anyways, I will not go too dark unless I "know" the customer well enough. But with the "heat" all over me right now, even that is sketchy.

My question is this... Is it possible to get fined, or a citation, or etc., by tinting a vehicle too dark? And if so, what are the concequences, and is there anything I can do to protect myself?

I.e. it was a show car...

it was towed in on a roll back and off road use only...

sign a liability waiver...?\

Any advice or opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

TINTSHACK

Guest matt5983

I think someone mentioned by having a custy sign a liability waiver is say "I'll break the law but am not responsible for it" which with the way legal systems are they'd still kick your ass etc

Guest AdkinsTINTSHACK

thats kinda what I was thinkin matt... I hope there is a way to get by it. but idk what that would be. :(

thank you for the reply

Guest matt5983

There's alot more experienced people here than me so someone might come up with a different answer

I think if you could prove it was a show car or a car that is not being used on a public highway it will be ok.

I heard about someone in the uk where I am being charged for manslaughter as the car was involved in an accident in which someone died. The found the front side windows were tinted over the legal limit and this impaired there vision enough to suggest they couldn't see oncoming traffic etc etc

To be honest if I get asked to do it, I refuse point blank

Guest AdkinsTINTSHACK

thanks for all the replies. I agree with all of you. And there "might" have been an inspection station that would "help out" my customers on a yearly basis, but the rope has been tightened on those guys too. Do you guys have crazy amounts of trouble with only doing lighter tint? Im not saying every car leaves my shop with 5%, but a factory match job on a truck or suv is commonplace here. Thanks again for the feedback. I appreciate it guys,

cheers

Guest Vince30

My question is this... Is it possible to get fined, or a citation, or etc., by tinting a vehicle too dark? And if so, what are the concequences, and is there anything I can do to protect myself?

I.e. it was a show car...

it was towed in on a roll back and off road use only...

sign a liability waiver...?\

(d) Violations. -- A person who does any of the following commits a misdemeanor of the class set in G.S. 20-176: (1) Applies tinting to the window of a vehicle that is subject to a safety inspection in this State and the resulting tinted window does not meet the window tinting restrictions set in this section. (2) Drives on a highway or a public vehicular area a vehicle that has a window that does not meet the window tinting restrictions set in this section

http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/tint_nc.html

Archived