Need Labor Rates By Area

Hello all. My name is Quint, and I own a company in Houston, Texas. I have been tinting 16yrs now, and have finally got to the point that I only do commercial. I have primarily focused on commercial interiors lately. This focus has expanded my estimates far outside of my area. With all the change, I have decided to move forward and offer a coast to coast service for my clients. With this, I will need to find labor pricing around the country, and quality installers that I can trust as well as depend on. I am reaching out to all to inform me on general labor rates in your specific areas. If you would like, add your phone number as well. Thanks for everything.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Malcolm E Boo

Hello all. My name is Quint, and I own a company in Houston, Texas. I have been tinting 16yrs now, and have finally got to the point that I only do commercial. I have primarily focused on commercial interiors lately. This focus has expanded my estimates far outside of my area. With all the change, I have decided to move forward and offer a coast to coast service for my clients. With this, I will need to find labor pricing around the country, and quality installers that I can trust as well as depend on. I am reaching out to all to inform me on general labor rates in your specific areas. If you would like, add your phone number as well. Thanks for everything.

If I was to give you the answer Iwould like to give I would be banned again. So I won't.

But I will wish you luck in your absurd quest.

The labor rates are for flat glass work only, not automotive. Email the info to inertiaservices@yahoo.com. I am not price fixing or anything else. The labor rates here in Houston are lower than they are in say...DC. I just went through it all, and quoted prior to finding the labor. I understand that no one may want to help an outsider from there area, but it is what it is. The work I bid on is work that originates from my accounts. Other tinters in the area will not have the opportunity to bid on them anyways. I have contracts. I place the bid, then get the work. Granted there may be a few hard ballers out there that want to protect there area, but I will still get the work. I am just trying to simplify things for me, and spread the work. I would prefer using locals out of respect for them, and all the hard work they have put into building their business.

There are others that try to do the same thing as you. What they do is get the signature on the PO and scramble to get the labor. In sure you must have a idea what ist is going to cost you for a hired gun. Most guys that get subbed from someone will get paid on a PSF basis or at least a minimum.

I do business the same way. Contract labor, paid by the square foot, and a minimum. I am a tinter/owner, not just the owner. I go on every job small or large. The out of state jobs though are just that...out of state. I can usually go, but unless its big enough, it really just isnt worth paying for one of my guys to go. I also run into the problem of having small jobs that are not even worth me going. I have to get them done though. I have tinted (2) 6000sq ft plus jobs for one contract in the last 3 months. 2012 will bring me a couple of floors out of the one account for this contract, but 2013 is different. I have (2) 6 floor buildings and and (2) 4 story buildings. All about the same size or larger. As you can see, I have to take care of all of their work nation wide. I'm not even working for everybody in the company yet.

Simply put....I need the help. Someone will do it. I just want to make sure that I bid every job right so everybody makes $. I am not a greedy person. Most of this work is really up the East Coast, so that is my focus. If you guys can help I would appreciate it. If not, I understand.

Archived