SunTek Carbon

Johnson, Solar Gard, Global, 3M, and a little of the Viper to make the rep happy. Solar Gard is what I used the longest. Pure :poop IMO. Wish I had never used it.If I was to switch, It would be to Johnson. Then again... opinions are like a$$holes.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnson, Solar Gard, Global, 3M, and a little of the Viper to make the rep happy. Solar Gard is what I used the longest. Pure :poop IMO. Wish I had never used it.If I was to switch, It would be to Johnson. Then again... opinions are like a$$holes.

:lol2

For some reason I never had any desire to try solar gard.

:lol2

For some reason I never had any desire to try solar gard.

Me either, it's one of the very few I've never tried..

I have used very little solar gard myself. But at one point in or another I have worked with JWF, LULU, 3M, Madico, Sun Guard, Wintech, Suntek, and I did try some of the Global QDP, ASWF, and Hanita. I'm sure there is a couple I left out.

I will say that for the money JWF is my favorite.

Hanita coming in second.

And I really like LULU's film but my comp run their name into the ground in my home town, and they roll their flat glass film backwards. But all together LULU does make some of the longest lasting film out there.

I'll stick with it until it gives me a reason to change. I'm not a big fan of switching between a lot of brands just so I know what I have out there. It's how I roll. :woowoo

I like providing different lines of films to my customers. I'd still be selling LuLu if their salesppl weren't terribad. Love Global, wish it was made here. Love Richard at Solar Control. Get my ceramic from howard at EWF, great ppl there. Hoping that Suntek or Johnson will round out my offerings.

you might find that switching back and forth between brands and adhesives might not work that well for you.

For flat glass I will hang anything, but when do cars I'm more consistant when just using one brand. Mainly because the adhesives will have more or less grab.

For instance JWF takes very little slip, while global needs alot of slip. Therefore using the same solution will not work properly for both films.

I have had one problem in the past 3 years with Suntek Carbon. I have had a total of three rolls in that time that had such bad curling, the film would lift off the class on edges. It was only with the carbon 5%. One call to Suntek and they shipped out another roll from another lot. Issue solved. Great support.

I use alot of Llumar ATC. That curls alot compared to Suntek.

I have never had a warranty job come back with Suntek Carbon. Knock on wood :).

Good film for the money.

www.santarosawindowtint.com

Archived