SunTek Carbon

CarboN definately worth your money much bang for the buck I'll break it down / first of all the film is reosonably priced/ next it does carry a none fading that also suggest color stable warranty on it... it's on the original carboN poster (COLOR STABLE) though I'm sure it trully aint for the Life of your car but the warranty is their they must back it / the film is so easy to shrink & work with minus the scratchcoat it suks but it can be managed /next it's name just irresistable had a custy ask me about its name & told him the bonafied truth straight out of the specs on th brochure & warranty card he was impressed also with its 99% uv on all shades & that it was none radio/gps signal interference film all back by lifetime warranty the dude I'm telling you was stoked. A guy on here been using Carbon for 5 yrs, so far so good with no warranty claims & it has a nice selection of VLT shades to offer customer service is great & if it just does happen to take south on a warranty claim, their reps already proved they got ur back & will send you ah whole roll if necessarry by what I read on here so for your m^#%&*$#ing buck it's a ganbang.....so far many folks on here are leading with suntek in a poll over what film they use ---> seems suntek's found a nitch over this entire industry! hahaha straight TINTPIMPS :hump IMO

:confuse

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I just had a sample roll of carbon 5% sent to me today and I tried it out on a 13 mazda 3 hatchback. I've been a Solar Gard supreme series user for 2 years now.

Differences: Definately Sun Tek is thicker material. Takes allot more manipulation and more heat to shrink. Adhesive seems tackier than solargard, using same slip solution concentration. Color in the suntek film has a blue hue to it once installed, no complaint there. Seems fairly transparent for a 5% grade film though IMO. Install on the back hatch window was a little tougher just because it was harder to make the tint bend a bit to get it by the plastics without touching. Didn't have any creasing issues on install.

Suntek is $60 a roll cheaper than my solargard film. 40x100, but coming from the other side of the country shipping cost may eat up that difference anyway.

So I just had a sample roll of carbon 5% sent to me today and I tried it out on a 13 mazda 3 hatchback. I've been a Solar Gard supreme series user for 2 years now.

Differences: Definately Sun Tek is thicker material. Takes allot more manipulation and more heat to shrink. Adhesive seems tackier than solargard, using same slip solution concentration. Color in the suntek film has a blue hue to it once installed, no complaint there. Seems fairly transparent for a 5% grade film though IMO. Install on the back hatch window was a little tougher just because it was harder to make the tint bend a bit to get it by the plastics without touching. Didn't have any creasing issues on install.

Suntek is $60 a roll cheaper than my solargard film. 40x100, but coming from the other side of the country shipping cost may eat up that difference anyway.

Sun Tek Carbon is one of the most overrated films available. Its a thick deep dyed film, that's it. Call it Carbon or whatever it's just a later generation color stable dye on 1.5 mil polyester, nothing special.

GG , by now you've probably got your CXP and are up and running with it.

I dropped Carbon about 6 months ago due to the poor SC but never had the same problems with CXP for some reason.

The CXP scratch coat is still far from the best out there imo, but you get a lot of bang for your buck from CXP, easy to upsell to as a top end film and the custy's love it (prob. because the CXP35 meters out to about 28 most of the time)

I upsell to it probably about 90% of the time, love it ... no probs at all with it yet after about 4 years :money

Just my :twocents

Addicted to tint, for your information, ALL films are overrated...

Not really, many films are industry changing. Madico Charcool was the first auto color stable film back 13 or so plus years ago. It made the industry go "color stable". VK 70 started the spectrally selective craze. Huper ceramics started the low reflectivity obsession. Huper Drei was pretty amazing when it came out - still is. 3M Night Vision brought on a new generation of dual reflective films with a dye that is more attractive than earlier DR's. Signal's Defenses is a film you can't call overrated. Enerlogic is the present industry changer - watch what they all come up with now!

we have global qdp, suntek carbon, llumar ctx, and global's ceramic line in our shop now. We upsell 90% of our customers so we are very happy with it. I sell the global ceramic to my customers that have factory glass that will look weird with the blue in the llumar ctx.

very happy with suntek, although llumar and global have a much better scratch coat. Never bought in the CXP but might consider it later on as a slight upsell.

Addicted to tint, for your information, ALL films are overrated...

Not really, many films are industry changing. Madico Charcool was the first auto color stable film back 13 or so plus years ago. It made the industry go "color stable". VK 70 started the spectrally selective craze. Huper ceramics started the low reflectivity obsession. Huper Drei was pretty amazing when it came out - still is. 3M Night Vision brought on a new generation of dual reflective films with a dye that is more attractive than earlier DR's. Signal's Defenses is a film you can't call overrated. Enerlogic is the present industry changer - watch what they all come up with now!

True, there have been great advances in the industry, but until a film with a lifetime warranty lasts a lifetime, they are still overrated. All of them. :D

I've just bought a near new used car of 12 months old and it came with tint added.

As soon as I saw it in the sun with this horrible pink haze, I guessed what brand and further research with the car dealer proved it was ST carbon installed.

I can't stand it and it's a job for next week to remove it all and replace it with Madico's Charcool.

Having said that though, the colour with no sun on it looks fantastic and the clarity is fabulous with no factory contamination.....but can't live with it when you've had better optics elsewhere.

SR coating is perfect and I've never had an issue with them on that.

If they can only clean up their act with this haze issue, they'd have a really good film.

Devil

Devil

I have to agree. Carbon just gets attention from customers for some reason???? Another angle to an up sell is that carbon is an element. Not a dye. It will never fade or turn another color. Dyed film will fade eventually. Sometimes that pitch to the customer earns me some extra money or out-smarts the competition. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Archived