SunTek Carbon

I have to agree. Carbon just gets attention from customers for some reason???? Another angle to an up sell is that carbon is an element. Not a dye. It will never fade or turn another color. Dyed film will fade eventually. Sometimes that pitch to the customer earns me some extra money or out-smarts the competition. Hope that helps. Good luck.

This. Ask a customer to imagine a piece of coal left out in the sun for 5 years. Do they think the black color will fade? Well it wont because it isn't actually colored black. It is black because of the carbon its made of. Carbon is black because light that we can see cannot pass through, and light that hits the coal mostly does not get reflected. Instead the coal takes up the light and grows warmer. So we see very little light from the coal, and this makes it look black. So in a nutshell....carbon=upsell.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Addicted to tint, for your information, ALL films are overrated...

Not really, many films are industry changing. Madico Charcool was the first auto color stable film back 13 or so plus years ago. It made the industry go "color stable". VK 70 started the spectrally selective craze. Huper ceramics started the low reflectivity obsession. Huper Drei was pretty amazing when it came out - still is. 3M Night Vision brought on a new generation of dual reflective films with a dye that is more attractive than earlier DR's. Signal's Defenses is a film you can't call overrated. Enerlogic is the present industry changer - watch what they all come up with now!

Ecolux

I have to agree. Carbon just gets attention from customers for some reason???? Another angle to an up sell is that carbon is an element. Not a dye. It will never fade or turn another color. Dyed film will fade eventually. Sometimes that pitch to the customer earns me some extra money or out-smarts the competition. Hope that helps. Good luck.

If it really is carbon © then it is an 'organic' material and organic materials such as dyes have the propensity to break down. If you want durability on the color side then it is better to use 'inorganic' element combinations. :twocents

All I read was the post title, My experience with the Subtek carbon is pretty nutz - Suntek is extrememly flexible in the price for large oppening orders. The carbon dyed films are an exact match to the 3m standard carbon dyed products, They have a different adhesive on them though making the 3m a better performing carbon dyed film. The shrinkability is much better with the Carbon HP over the standard carbon film. and the carbon HP is almost an exact match to the 3m Premium. The shrinkability is awesome, and the carbon hp colored films work amazing when appling colored film to classic cars with crazy back windows. basically Suntek has a carbon hp bronze 20, 40, and blue 40 and they are all the bomb

Archived