Yellow pages, & other phone books

Guest Malcolm E Boo

PHUCK YELLOW ANYTHING!!

It's about time they just die. They've been holding businesses hostage for too many decades and now they are

history. Who would search their "site" to find a listing that any search engine can find?

Let them send a salesman if they can, then tell him in person to Phuck yellow anything and have a nice day. :D

So I am guessing that you don't like them.But it is difficult to make out with your rather ambiguous statement. :D

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still have a business card size ad, it barely pays for itself but usually if I get a call out of the phonebook it will be a residential job from a retired person..The salespeople for the phonebooks always throw the pitch that "you are not considered a real business if you don't have an ad in the phonebook" :jerkit

I still have a business card size ad, it barely pays for itself but usually if I get a call out of the phonebook it will be a residential job from a retired person..The salespeople for the phonebooks always throw the pitch that "you are not considered a real business if you don't have an ad in the phonebook" :jerkit

You could tell the YB sales person that if the only job he can get is selling YP adds, he must not really be a professional sales person. I would say it...Just for spite

You could tell the YB sales person that if the only job he can get is selling YP adds, he must not really be a professional sales person. I would say it...Just for spite

I usually keep a stack of applications for McDonald's handy for the ones that p**s me off :lol6

Always lead off with "their might be a career for you in fast food"

On a serious note........ We tinted a car today that one of my old yellow page guys recommended. The customer today told me he had worked for yp for 25 years and they fired him last year with a 2 minute phone call :blink

Said they fired 8 of 10 in his area......... keeping the youngest 2.

I guess you could borrow a line from Bill and say ..........."there's your sign"

I had a local yellow page rep come by attempting his hand at selling me. He was giving his success stories and statistics. Really putting on a show. Ending result, not interested. The best part, as he was walking out, he said, "well you must not like making money". I swear he had practiced that line. So much conviction in his tone. I replied, "yes, I do like making money" he stopped as if He had me hooked, "that's why I'm not using your phone book". He was pissed. Felt great. Guy was so cocky. Wanted to pull out the Olfa on his azz lol.

I had a local yellow page rep come by attempting his hand at selling me. He was giving his success stories and statistics. Really putting on a show. Ending result, not interested. The best part, as he was walking out, he said, "well you must not like making money". I swear he had practiced that line. So much conviction in his tone. I replied, "yes, I do like making money" he stopped as if He had me hooked, "that's why I'm not using your phone book". He was pissed. Felt great. Guy was so cocky. Wanted to pull out the Olfa on his azz lol.

:lol6 great story

Any other great YP stories??? :quote

I got calls for dong YP and other advertising in the past. I simply told them that my business model did not need to pay for advertising. Of course I am semi-mobile and am connected with shops such as glass, accessory, detail and places that people will call if they want tinting and don't find any ads for tint.

I did a YP one or two years and it was every bit of a year or maybe even two later that I got a call, ONE call, from that ad. It did break even after all....

Of course I live and work an area that covers a lot of towns and communities where I would have to have a dozen different ads to cover my area. Same for newspaper or radio.... welcome to rural America....15 to 20 miles between any towns and then it is only 3000 pop or less for lots of those...

They would not believe me that I had enough work without using their services.....

Archived