How to mix your slip

We use a bunch of different films from multiple different sources. And today we were using ( for the first time ) a white frost from a mfr that we have not used before. Our normal slip solution was WAY to much for this film and it got me thinking. Why, or is it even possible for the slip to be built into the adhesive?.... Just peel the liner and spray with plain water. This way the mfr could allow just the exact amount they recommend for a given product. If it is a film that required X100, could that be incorporated in a non liquid form, activated by water?.....just thinking.

We use a bunch of different films from multiple different sources. And today we were using ( for the first time ) a white frost from a mfr that we have not used before. Our normal slip solution was WAY to much for this film and it got me thinking. Why, or is it even possible for the slip to be built into the adhesive?.... Just peel the liner and spray with plain water. This way the mfr could allow just the exact amount they recommend for a given product. If it is a film that required X100, could that be incorporated in a non liquid form, activated by water?.....just thinking.

Hypothetically speaking, it could work similarly to the 3M vinyl adhesive system (controltac I think?) where the substrate will continue to slide around until pressure is applied where it breaks the adhesive pockets causing it to adhere to the surface. It probably could work with frost or black out but the hash pattern probably wouldn't look that great on transparent films.

Its good to think outside of the box :thumb

Guest tinthoss

Hypothetically speaking, it could work similarly to the 3M vinyl adhesive system (controltac I think?) where the substrate will continue to slide around until pressure is applied where it breaks the adhesive pockets causing it to adhere to the surface. It probably could work with frost or black out but the hash pattern probably wouldn't look that great on transparent films.

Its good to think outside of the box :thumb

Agreed, good reading will be interesting to see the conclusions :thumb

Archived