3m Crystalline false specs!!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without coming down on one side or another, I'd like to make the observation that no 3M thread ever goes well here and they should not be considered representative of the forum as a whole.

Instead of an indictment of the forum, I think it says something else about the situation and that's all I have to say.

Sorry I was typing on my phone earlier and the last post was filled with grammar errors. Ill go back and edit it. I have some time now.

I use to bleed llumar. I mean Bleed it. I didnt have a tattoo like Bob Postma ( which left Solutia two weeks if that tells you anything ) but I Preached it :prof

Since I left the tint shop full time and I moved on to the corp side, the biggest thing I learned was that for the most part film is film and everyone is in bed with each other.

So for the sake of argument, if 3m FX is made by CW, then why would anyone bash it? I would say more then half of you on here use SunTek. The FX line is priced along with everyone else. The same lines are priced within dollars of Madico's and Llumars I know for a fact.

Everyone complains about SunGard but lets face it.... Madico's new run of film is coming out of the same machines that SG is.

EVERYONE uses Mitsubishi for their poly for the most part.....

What I am getting at is we are basically arguing over Camaro's and Firebirds sans mullets and Slayers cd collection. :rock

Long story short, there are film reboxers selling to a lot of guys on here. And they love the stuff, have no real clue what it is and are making a living.

When it comes to 3m, How many times have you had an uneducated customer just walk in and ask for "That 3M Film"? I use to get it all the time when I was retail. And they then got skooled and ended up buying Llumar from me. End User gives 0, I repeat 0 cents on where the stuff is made. They cant for the most part even recognize quality film or even clarity for that matter. If youll pay wincos money for a blue film with a haze, then that tells me all I need to know.

To sum it up, everyone can complain about 3M all they want. I vistited 25 shops last week and didnt get ran out of one. Only had one that wasnt interested in my products and a Formula One dealer who asked me to come back and demo the lines and do more spec comaprison with prices after a 30 min visit. And the first thing he said to me when I walked in his shop " Dont lie to me about where your film is made ".

Anyways, I am not nor have I ver told any of you to buy film from me. I am merely here if you are interested in the lines and of course give my Plotter and Software knowledge.

:deadhorse

No Joe, I dont drink Kool-Aide, But I am sure Ive worked for more MFG then you and I have more knowledge on who is really doing what then you do. Not unless youre a rep like me but just willing to expose weho you are and who you work for.

I dont consider it a fight. I consider it to be the truth. There are so many thing wrong with this industry and its because the end consumer is so uneducated in this industry that it allows manufactures/shops/sales rep to say whatever they want to say and it doesnt matter if they are right or wrong. There are way more things wrong with this industry then whether or not 3M makes their own products....

You are right, every MFG makes outrageous claims. Just saw Llumar showroom lit stating there ATR entire line has a 66% heat rejection. That simply is just not true. Its really cool to have an educated customer. But then again the end user for the most part comes to the shops to be educated. Now with that said, the information thats relayed at this level is all over the board. So just back to this post and Chris original point. Everyone test their films a lil differently, different angles and other variables. And everyone gets a little different result. So once again its a matter of opinion. And we would only hope that the end user would be smart enough to back research far enough on every product that they know this. But its few and far.

Guest filmslayer

I got no problems with 3M , I never hear dealers bitching about them not honoring warranties ... if they cover it than who gives a chit who makes it ... that and its so over priced its easy to sell against ...

Archived