3m Crystalline false specs!!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the reason 3M gets pounded here, every time a thread comes up regarding one of their claims. Is because many of the people who post here know better and fill in the blanks that 3M leaves out in their public marketing campaigns. The uninformed retail customer is wooed by the name on the box, they have in many cases,no knowledge of the industry and who actually is responsible for making the product they are shown. I can say that over the past 4-5 years, customers have become better informed because they have done a simple Google search and read up on window film. This may help explain the continued loss in 3M market share.

Slayer, thats merely due to safety meetings! :lol

Warranty issues, this is a common past situation. It comes up often. Merely years ago they were not being handled at 3m by the person delegated to in a timely manner.

Warranty claims now take from anywhere from a week to 4 weeks depending on warranty claim load. You simply call your distributor, fill out the paper work and we file it. Starts from the day we file.

my only hangup with 3M is their price. I just can't see paying double for a film that is at the same performance levels as other films. I think 3M should come down off their high horse just a bit, and price their film in the above average film range. However outside of crystaline you can get a compairable film from any other manny out there. As far as who makes it, I could care less.

Archived