3m Crystalline false specs!!

Guest JoeDirte

I'm gonna have to say that you have no idea who I am or if I am still even in the industry.....

Who I am and what I do is not the point..... Just pointing out the facts to those people in the industry that have always wondered about these things and maybe give them some pointers on how to sell their product against a brand name ..... people in this industry do it everyday and they do it well and they beat out the 3M dealers 95% of the time.

Yea ok........ :D

95% of the time........... :lol6 :lol6

Well Joe Dirt, seeing that you are saying you just want to point out the facts to people in this industry, seeing that YOU say 3M does not manufacture any of their film, answer my ? and tell me what window film manufacturer has the ability to manufacture the 3M Crystalline film with 224 layers, other then 3M ...............?

Saying who you are and where you work and what film you sell, does and will give one credibility on here, now take that BS pic for example that you posted and saying the purple film was 3M NV, now posting information such as that will and does take credibility away from your posts.

joedirt-2.jpg

Its only business..... nothing personal here!

95% of the time could be a reach based on your ability to sell. Yes the 3M name causes quite the hurdle but it is def an easy one to get over once you know your stuff.

I got no reason to come on here and post BS pics. Its the truth, and to be honest I have more pics just like that I could post. The whole point here isnt to strickly bash the 3M product. The point is that this %&$# that sucks does nothing but keep window film in general from becoming a neccessity instead of a want.

Now obviously the 95% and some other comments are strickly my opinion but the pic is real and the truth.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna have to say that you have no idea who I am or if I am still even in the industry.....

Who I am and what I do is not the point..... Just pointing out the facts to those people in the industry that have always wondered about these things and maybe give them some pointers on how to sell their product against a brand name ..... people in this industry do it everyday and they do it well and they beat out the 3M dealers 95% of the time.

Well Joe Dirt, seeing that you are saying you just want to point out the facts to people in this industry, seeing that YOU say 3M does not manufacture any of their film, answer my ? and tell me what window film manufacturer has the ability to manufacture the 3M Crystalline film with 224 layers, other then 3M ...............?

Saying who you are and where you work and what film you sell, does and will give one credibility on here, now take that BS pic for example that you posted and saying the purple film was 3M NV, now posting information such as that will and does take credibility away from your posts.

joedirt-2.jpg

95% of the time could be a reach based on your ability to sell. Yes the 3M name causes quite the hurdle but it is def an easy one to get over once you know your stuff.

I got no reason to come on here and post BS pics. Its the truth, and to be honest I have more pics just like that I could post. The whole point here isn't to strictly bash the 3M product. The point is that this %&$# that sucks does nothing but keep window film in general from becoming a necessity instead of a want.

Now obviously the 95% and some other comments are strictly my opinion but the pic is real and the truth.

So are you going to answer my ?........ "Well Joe Dirt, seeing that you are saying you just want to point out the facts to people in this industry, seeing that YOU say 3M does not manufacture any of their film, answer my ? and tell me what window film manufacturer has the ability to manufacture the 3M Crystalline film with 224 layers, other then 3M ...............? "

As far as that pic goes, I still say it is BS, I see a lot of info and not just by looking at it...... :D

Guest teamfutaba

joedirt-2.jpg

I got no reason to come on here and post BS pics. Its the truth, and to be honest I have more pics just like that I could post. The whole point here isn't to strictly bash the 3M product. The point is that this %&$# that sucks does nothing but keep window film in general from becoming a necessity instead of a want.

Now obviously the 95% and some other comments are strictly my opinion but the pic is real and the truth.

So are you going to answer my ?........ "Well Joe Dirt, seeing that you are saying you just want to point out the facts to people in this industry, seeing that YOU say 3M does not manufacture any of their film, answer my ? and tell me what window film manufacturer has the ability to manufacture the 3M Crystalline film with 224 layers, other then 3M ...............? "

As far as that pic goes, I still say it is BS, I see a lot of info and not just by looking at it...... :D

looking at that pic even V4V was chokin' in cave. if dirt had ANY experience with 3M film's he wouldnt have posted that then bragged about it. creditibility... Whats that.

Guest JoeDirte

Guys,

I would go ahead and say the two big guys in Martinsville could put that together. That is not the only pic I have that I know 10000000% for sure that it has been installed by the local 3M dealer that is purple like that.

MIke I would love proof that your beloved Crystalline is made in your 3M plant, and I dont mean just stamped there with a 3M logo. This should be very easy for you to proof if it is really made there..... I will gladly admit I am wrong if someone can prove that 3M manufactures their own window film and not just stamp their logo on it.

That is not the only pic I have that I know 10000000% for sure that it has been installed by the local 3M dealer that is purple like that.

Do you know for 10000000% that the only film this 3M dealer installs is 3M? :dunno. I have seen some ancient NV installed and I can say that I've never seen anything come close to that purple. Not calling BS, just not exactly consistent with what I've seen.

Guest JoeDirte

Is it like some conspiracy to talk about all this 3M stuff? Just still waiting on proof. I bet I'm not the only one either..... I guess everyone is just hoping that it goes away..... I guess its just bigger than the window film industry..... kinda like the government.... they cant prove where your money is going but they want more and dont think you should ask why..... Obama did get elected some how :hmmm

More like Mitt Romney and Harry Reid claiming Mitt didn't pay taxes tyhe last 10 years.

3M can really make thin films and they do for profitable markets and growth areas.

Some of the older 3M made films dating back to 2002 -2004 are at the heart of prestige, crystalline and color stable.

The obvious and more exciting growth opportunities for 3M are in OEM glass manufacturing (as Eastman-Solutia and Saint Gobain understand.) Photo voltaic and daylighting films are also appetizing renewable energy opportunities.

(None of that has anything to do with window film!)

The 3M defenders should use their enthusiasm to convince the Big 3M that aftermarket, retrofit and automotive independent dealers are also a growth opportunity. That will be an enormously difficult sale.

Until and unless that happens 3m window film dealers will have to pretend they make their ceramic films, their affinity films, their FX films, and their exterior films. Plus they'll have to continue selling their 1985 Low E films with a 5 year warranty! How many layers does that film have?

:golf

More like Mitt Romney and Harry Reid claiming Mitt didn't pay taxes the last 10 years.

3M can really make thin films and they do for profitable markets and growth areas.

Some of the older 3M made films dating back to 2002 -2004 are at the heart of prestige, crystalline and color stable.

The obvious and more exciting growth opportunities for 3M are in OEM glass manufacturing (as Eastman-Solutia and Saint Gobain understand.) Photo voltaic and daylighting films are also appetizing renewable energy opportunities.

(None of that has anything to do with window film!)

The 3M defenders should use their enthusiasm to convince the Big 3M that aftermarket, retrofit and automotive independent dealers are also a growth opportunity. That will be an enormously difficult sale.

Until and unless that happens 3m window film dealers will have to pretend they make their ceramic films, their affinity films, their FX films, and their exterior films. Plus they'll have to continue selling their 1985 Low E films with a 5 year warranty! How many layers does that film have?

:golf

Mike, BTW there have been a lot of changes since you "Retired" from 3M, so what you say now really does not matter as you do NOT know what is going on anymore. the word speculation comes to mind........ :D

I will write down your suggestions you posted on a 3M Post-it Note and pass it on, however IMOP I feel your advice would not be needed anymore........... :thumb

BTW, there is just 1 Low-E film offered by 3M, not films like you are saying, if you want to know the break down on that one film, I can explain that to you..... :golf

Is it like some conspiracy to talk about all this 3M stuff? Just still waiting on proof. I bet I'm not the only one either..... I guess everyone is just hoping that it goes away..... I guess its just bigger than the window film industry..... kinda like the government.... they cant prove where your money is going but they want more and don't think you should ask why..... Obama did get elected some how :hmmm

:chin I will give you a few google search words to help you find what 3M window film Manufacturing plant makes 3M Crystalline window film......... Multilayer.... Vikuiti.....Ultra, plus awhile back V4V had posted the location..... :gasp

I wounder why NO one else has posted any other manufacturer that has the ability to manufacture 3M Crystalline window film.

Archived