3m Crystalline false specs!!

Joe Dirt or anyone else, can you tell me what window film manufacturer has the ability to manufacture the 3M Crystalline film, other then 3M ...............?

Yes, there is. Same technology. However, I don't know why they didn't proceed because of some special reason. Could it be patent or something else? One insiders will know.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joe Dirt or anyone else, can you tell me what window film manufacturer has the ability to manufacture the 3M Crystalline film, other then 3M ...............?

Yes, there is. Same technology. However, I don't know why they didn't proceed because of some special reason. Could it be patent or something else? One insiders will know.

Explain more on the same technology, yes and a few of them.

Guest JoeDirte

MikeMN PJF SSK

Hulk-Hogan.jpg

I seen what you had posted before you Edited it.......... :D

Why do you not post who you are and where you work and what film you use,.........?

I can do that for you.............. :evilgrin

I'm gonna have to say that you have no idea who I am or if I am still even in the industry.....

Who I am and what I do is not the point..... Just pointing out the facts to those people in the industry that have always wondered about these things and maybe give them some pointers on how to sell their product against a brand name ..... people in this industry do it everyday and they do it well and they beat out the 3M dealers 95% of the time.

Guest teamfutaba

MikeMN PJF SSK

Hulk-Hogan.jpg

Why do you not post who you are and where you work and what film you use,.........?

I'm gonna have to say that you have no idea who I am or if I am still even in the industry.....

Who I am and what I do is not the point..... Just pointing out the facts to those people in the industry that have always wondered about these things and maybe give them some pointers on how to sell their product against a brand name ..... people in this industry do it everyday and they do it well and they beat out the 3M dealers 95% of the time.

who you are is important, hiding behind the user name gives you zero credibility. And you should check your facts about your closure rate being 95%. Seems to be backwards.

Guest tintjackal

MikeMN PJF SSK

Hulk-Hogan.jpg

who you are is important, hiding behind the user name gives you zero credibility. And you should check your facts about your closure rate being 95%. Seems to be backwards.

I would tend to think 95% is way off the mark in either direction :thumb

Yea ok........ :D

95% of the time........... :lol6 :lol6

Well Joe Dirt, seeing that you are saying you just want to point out the facts to people in this industry, seeing that YOU say 3M does not manufacture any of their film, answer my ? and tell me what window film manufacturer has the ability to manufacture the 3M Crystalline film with 224 layers, other then 3M ...............?

Saying who you are and where you work and what film you sell, does and will give one credibility on here, now take that BS pic for example that you posted and saying the purple film was 3M NV, now posting information such as that will and does take credibility away from your posts.

joedirt-2.jpg

Guest tintjackal

Yea ok........ :D

95% of the time........... :lol6 :lol6

Well Joe Dirt, seeing that you are saying you just want to point out the facts to people in this industry, seeing that YOU say 3M does not manufacture any of their film, answer my ? and tell me what window film manufacturer has the ability to manufacture the 3M Crystalline film with 224 layers, other then 3M ...............?

Saying who you are and where you work and what film you sell, does and will give one credibility on here, now take that BS pic for example that you posted and saying the purple film was 3M NV, now posting information such as that will and does take credibility away from your posts.

joedirt-2.jpg

MikeMN - just for the sake of conversation as Tintdude has asked several times for this thread not to turn personal. WHY have you nor anyone else provided the same proof that 3M DOES actually produce all their film? :blind

and tell me what window film manufacturer has the ability to manufacture the 3M Crystalline film with 224 layers, other then 3M ...............

Here's my 2 cents:

1 more factory acquired this capability and successfully produced the same thing in the first half of this year. I have been wondering if there is patent issue that is stopping them or too tough to heat shrink. Anyway, your guess is as good as mine.

Now, here's a third company may have the same ability based on some assumptions:

You might be aware that Crystalline 90 has minimal heat cut under the heat lamp and 70 has some weakness in 1200nm level. 3M hardly uses the full wavelength chart in their marketing because of this reason. Another japanese company is working on the next generation of product to achieve better TSER by using the smiliar technology as crystalline without the 1200nm weakness. Because of this research direction, I believe a third party know this formula.

Going ahead, I project 3 possible trends

1. I believe Crystalline 90 will not be an important focus for 3M although the VLT is very high; the high IR cut is only effective for lower temperature at ~1000nm.

2. I recommend 3M to upgrade the product to cover the weakness on 1200nm. This will fend off competitors who acquired the same technology.

3. Based on my humble autotinting experience, Crystalline is the toughest high VLT film to heat shrink. A new technology will emerge to capitalise on matured technologies like UP70 or LX70 which are slightly easier to install + aiming to achieve similar or better heat reduction.

If I may sidetrack from the 3M discussions,

When I was writing my views earlier, another company (private label) came into my mind because they stirred a lot of bitterness in our trade in recent years + represented by sales staff who has no respect for peers.

We are taking time off our busy schedule, here to learn. We should not quarrel among ourselves because of different belief systems. Our discussions will enrich our ability to judge critically from different views if we keep an open mind. Most importantly, we must believe that we co-exist in harmony and avoid being pawns of some ruthless factory sales managers.

That's all I have to say. fat

Archived