Illegal tint

Guest nordfink

in iowa it doesn't matter whether custy signs a waiver or not, law reads " installed", not "signed a waiver and installed", I went to court house for clarification on the matter. Only way a waiver works here is if the car is dropped off with a trailer and you have proof, eg. a picture...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tints MVP

A waiver is nothing more that written confession that you knowingly, willfully and for money did something illegal.

That's like saying I sell crack, but it's OK because my buyers sign a waiver. :facepalm2

Agreed. Though in MA and as far as I know now in FL there isn't a law that states installation of illegal shade is illegal. That's where the waiver is handy. Prevents customer from being able to say "well I didnt know it wasn't legal and this shop installed it".... Im looking into it now though as this thread has got me curious about the specifics of Floridas law... I've felt its been beneficial over the last 10 years as I haven't had any issues and have done a significant amount of cars with illegal shades... Maybe I've just been lucky.

Guest Tints MVP

A waiver is nothing more that written confession that you knowingly, willfully and for money did something illegal.

That's like saying I sell crack, but it's OK because my buyers sign a waiver. :facepalm2

So you're saying selling crack is wrong??!!??

So you're saying selling crack is wrong??!!??

Not if you sign a waiver... lol

Guest VaTinterPMan

People that install illegal tint give all of us a bad rep....Like we are providing the dark tint for drug dealers and so on...Window Film is frowned upon by so many people because when they hear window tint they automatically think dark/illegal...

I for one am glad that ceramic films have come out and you can get more TSER% than darker films. It fits 30 to 40% of my custys that want a light film with really high heat rejection...

One thing you have to remember. There are blood sucking lawyers out there trying to suck out every drop of blood from their victim. That victim could eaily be you.

There are countless cases where someone died or was horrifically injured and it was blamed on illegal installations.

Having a vehicle with dark than allowed films:

Will not pass inspections where it is required.

Will get pulled over and harrassed because the windows are too dark

Insurance comanies can and will cancel policies.

Insurance companies can and will refuse to pay a claim if the vehicle has film darker than allowed installed

Insurance companies can and will pay the claim and then chase after the installer and owners of the installation company. Many have been totally financially crushed because of this.

There are areas where the driver is driving illegally will be held responsible even if they were not the cause of the accident.

There has been many cases in different states where someone pulled out in front of someone and that person died. I remember one story where they backed over a child. Each time the windows were darker than allowed. It did not matter if the driver was in the right, that person was still held liable. The blood suckers chased after the driver, family of the driver, installer, employer of the installer, distributor, and even the manufacturer. Trust me on this, it is not worth it. And I never even mentioned the politicians trying to remove the ability to have film applied.

So yes there are options

Archived