Back In Business - Few questions for the Experienced

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fink... You shrink on the inside :nope you :crazy

I would always shrink on the inside with roll ups and quarters.

I do sometimes, but you can't do that with some films. They will ghost on you real bad.

That and I don't want to burn anything... Only if I have to like if I forgot to shrink :lol2

Thanks for all the responses. It seems to much soap is my issue. I do have a sample of tint slime. I may give that a try and see how that works. I heard rave reviews about it and I'm wondering if the mix is the same as soap? Let me know what you guys think about the tint slime.

Guest nordfink

Fink... You shrink on the inside :nope you :crazy

No, lol...only if one pops up after installing, hit it real quick and fix it...the ? was "what to do about fingers after its installed", and I replied "shrink it"... I hardly ever shrink roll ups anymore... :lol

Thanks for all the replys everyone. I do have another question for you all. It seems that I was using too much slip now I think I may not be using enough. The problem that I'm having is getting the tint to slide on the roll downs. I'm trying to line the film up on the edge and it seems to always want to stick. I keep adding a little J&J to the slip and still have the same issues. Any help would be appreciated.

Fortunatley, it's all starting to come back to me. This will probably amaze most of you but I haven't even done a full car yet. Just front doors on about 6 cars so far. It seems since IL changed the law everyone wants the front to match the back. Oh well, it's good for practice.

Archived