Looking for a side finger shirink Video

That looks like a great way to shrink side fingers, and a great way to do any wet shrinking at all, but I still think the ryk shrink is the superior method for most rear windows. It gives a much more even shrink overall.

The next thing is when you wet shrink any rear window you have to be more careful when you go to install the glass, and it's more likely you'll have little wrinkles and mini fingers to fix at the very end. A nice even application of heat in the first place ensures that it squeegees out perfectly the first time.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Side shrink can be done on top the film or under; I've been teaching the 'on top' approach for years. Fingers can't be long; not much more than two inches and have your card or other tool ready to lay them pups down once you see the film react to heat. It's all in the timing!

Guest nordfink

No problem, and I've never gotten it to work exactly like it happens in the video but I suppose different films react different ways. Leave lots of extra on the sides and good luck!

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

Awesome technique. Can this same method be done when dry shrinking after most of the film has been shrunk? Or is this only used when wet shrinking?

Wow! I just came across this thread and just realized that I am the fat guy in the video shrinking from the side. I will let you guys know that I have better results with films that take a lot of heat to shrink like ceramic and maybe some HP films. The fast-shrinking dyed films are much more difficult. They actually shrink too fast and will buck the film and crease it. It can be done, just be careful and don't blast it with so much heat.

Archived