One way mirror ???

Sure I would think so. It can be tough to get a good one way if there is alot of lighting best to test. I did a job that had a good bit of lighting on both sides and putting the 5% on the private side made a huge difference but it all depends on the situation. We talking alot of glass or just a couple windows?

I'm not sure yet. They said 8-10 windows. Not sure on the size yet. I'm going tomorrow morning. If I were to install the one way mirror film and it didn't work as well as we thought, could I install the 5% on top of the mirror film? Do you think that would work?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on lighting I would go with a silver 15 or 20 on inmate side and auto 5% on officer side.

What type of auto film? I use LuLu now and some Suntek. Being that there's no sun, I could use the least expensive (basic black or Suntek Standard) correct?

If you put Lulu on top of Suntek, big fight will broke out.

You can use RN07G (either in PS or CDF) which will have as much privacy as the lighting will allow and do it in one install. Or use the Sun Tek DRDS 7 or the Opitune 5. No need to double up on films.

Any of these films work perfect.

There's also illusion 5 percent by American standard window films.

I had to sign a non disclosure at one site but for the purposes of this thread it will go nameless so I think I'm ok lol.

Sales went over the physics of how the lighting should be reduced in the "hidden" area. They were told because they did not want to change ANY part of the site lighting that we would need to start with a base install and go from there until they were happy.

Multiple layers of film installed no joy.

Large sheet of "decorative " metal mounted to the glass and a ceiling mounted camera was the end result.

Sometimes people just cannot wrap their head around the way it does work by simply turning down the lighting.

Archived