One way mirror ???

We did some in a prison years ago. If memory serves we did P18 first and two layers of 5 on top. We don't do it that way often but it works well!! How you do any site depends on the light conditions and a clients willingness to play with the lights .

The only light on the police side was a tiny one led lamp that only illuminated the keyboard. The monitors had those 3M light filter screens that you can only see the screens straight on. If they ever spent the money on a lighted keyboard you would swear that it was spandrel glass .

Were they still able to see out pretty well?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The public side was very well lit. It was very similar to being in a tinted car.

Here is a scenario: If both areas are lighted equally and they don't want to reduce the lighting in the viewing side, How would I make it work the way they want?

It's a physics thing, but ai'm sure someone will give you something to go on just to find the client isn't happy with that answer either. The internet has made Einsteins out of the masses to the point they think they know more than a professional giving them advice and input on how their own product works. :blind

Depending on lighting I would go with a silver 15 or 20 on inmate side and auto 5% on officer side.

What type of auto film? I use LuLu now and some Suntek. Being that there's no sun, I could use the least expensive (basic black or Suntek Standard) correct?

Sure I would think so. It can be tough to get a good one way if there is alot of lighting best to test. I did a job that had a good bit of lighting on both sides and putting the 5% on the private side made a huge difference but it all depends on the situation. We talking alot of glass or just a couple windows?

Archived