Llumar PPF Anyone have any experience?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the price per square ft on a lot of ppf is so close imo that you should just ask for a few samples and decide from there based on how you install, warranty, your customers expectations, budget, ease of install, kits, etc.

xpel's new ultimate is highest per sq ft I have seen, but their xtreme is within .20 of other ppf. Everyone on here is going to have diff expectations of film, it is still imo a high end sale so you should be able to get premium prices for any install with many of the films on the market.

I have installed the xpel, ventureshield, 3m and the llumar. We sell Xpel ourselves, they were one of the few companies that would warranty product and labor, not to mention have care products, prep products, and an awesome installation gel. Now Llumar offers the same warranty coverage as well and care and installation products. And both seem willing to stand behind their products if the installer knows what they are doing. Can't really speak for durashield or avery, but both of those companies put out solid products throughout the industry, so again, get some samples and try it out. Price is really, really similar per sq on a majority of the films. Also, depending on how you install, some films will work better for you than others. Some ppl use a steamer, or app gel, or alch/soap mix, some do it in bulk, some in kits, some ppl wrap the entire car. Just like wrap materials and window tint, there is a film for every application.

By choice I would never use the product again. Other products have a much more durable top coat, plus it is yellow in color right off the roll. If you ball up the scrap and place it next to a different film you will see what I mean. Good luck!

8 mil dual layer construction, (7 mil soft, 1 mil hard urethane), 2 mil adhesive, masking/cap sheet for protection while plotting, exceptionally clear and user friendly with a 5 year comprehensive warranty (material/labor).

Lets hope they have it spot on as LLumar has certainly put a bad taste in peeps mouth over their last couple of generations of the product. Going to be hard sell for them to convince thos spatting at it to buy the latest.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I've been using 3M's for a while and have it on my Audi A8 and it still looks good after 3 years.

I just received a sample of Xpels Ultimate and installed it bulk style on a friends WRX Wagon since he was willing to give it a test for me. It looks good and was easy to install. Most people have raved about the Xpel for some time but like people say, you have to sometimes try things out for yourself and see how you like them.

I'll see about getting a sample of it and give it a try. Thanks again!

Archived