Llumar PPF Anyone have any experience?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kccartint

I am referring to later damage and not installation. The film gets bird dropping and bug stains pretty easy when warm. You can fix this with heat or steam with no damage when done correctly. Just like the VS film.

Have used a lot of this film over the past couple of years. Have also been using the new film for several months. There is good and bad with all of them. The new film that most have not used or seen yet has improved in the top coat. It does not scratch as easy and is also a little more flexible. Same adhesive which puts most to shame. Does well with heat setting and is the toughest film out there next to durashield. I have never had a puncture with it unlike all the favorites on here. Its also very easy to install and looks great when cured. Very high gloss and smooth.

With proper care the film will hold up as well as any of them. You can use a steamer and or heat gun to heal most surface damage.

That comment about alcohol is BS and bad info.

I am referring to later damage and not installation. The film gets bird dropping and bug stains pretty easy when warm. You can fix this with heat or steam with no damage when done correctly. Just like the VS film.

I am curious how this could be the "second toughest film" if bird droppings and bugs stain it easily? I can think of 3 different companies that make films that are not easily stained by these things.

I had major yellowing problems with Llumar back when I was installing 2 years ago. It was an installers dream, but would not last.

How new is this 'new' film, and what changes do they claim? If it's damaged by bird droppings, then no thanks. Had plenty of that with Venture Shield.

someone posted a roll of suntek and Lulu film. roll info was the same.

didn't Lulu buy suntek? makes sense.

anyone know anything about this bodyfence film? self healing etc.

I got a sample and havnt tested it yet.

from what I have heard, Llumar has taken the suntek top coat and married it with their urethane and adhesive. Bodyfense I think is Hexis. I heard good reviews but it is limited here in the US. Made in France I believe and there are only a couple sizes available. Let us know what you think though as we love to hear reviews from installers.

Archived