Llumar PPF Anyone have any experience?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use LLumar's PPF all the time. it's all I use anymore and love it. and that news video is OLD...back when there were yellowing issues. not a problem anymore.

I'm supposed to be getting a sample of the new stuff with some CTX I ordered. I have a white jeep I'm going to test it out on.

Jesus will this video ever DIE??? This is so freaking old its ridiculous to even bring it up... and there are many issues here that are not covered. Like what product was the customer using on the film. I mean come on... this is irrelevent info to this thread.

With that said the last time I got Llumar film and installed it, it went on great, looked great, then looked like crap (very dull) afer 4 months. I wouldnt touch it again until they can prove to me it will hold up over time. I am not in the business of re-installing film... so I test the films out before offering them. Currently I install Xpel Ultimate and Suntek... and really like both films. Avery Nano is a good film but still waiting to make sure the issues are resolved and also seeing how the new film is going ot hold up. So far so good.

that's interesting since all I use for install is alcohol. with no dulling at all. hmmm...have you touched the film since it was crap years ago? believe it or not they've really improved the stuff from the yellowing/dulling days.

Guest kccartint

Have used a lot of this film over the past couple of years. Have also been using the new film for several months. There is good and bad with all of them. The new film that most have not used or seen yet has improved in the top coat. It does not scratch as easy and is also a little more flexible. Same adhesive which puts most to shame. Does well with heat setting and is the toughest film out there next to durashield. I have never had a puncture with it unlike all the favorites on here. Its also very easy to install and looks great when cured. Very high gloss and smooth.

With proper care the film will hold up as well as any of them. You can use a steamer and or heat gun to heal most surface damage.

That comment about alcohol is BS and bad info.

You can use a steamer and or heat gun to heal most surface damage.

I'd advise not using a heat gun to heal; the adhesive is literally baked hard and takes seriously harsh chemicals to remove once the urethane gets off. Been there, seen it with me own eyes and was panicing they wouldn't be able to get the adhesive off my car.

Archived