Llumar PPF Anyone have any experience?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone for the comments. I've been using 3M's for a while and have it on my Audi A8 and it still looks good after 3 years.

You obviously don't have white car. 3m shows its yellow look on white cars

I don't but that's good to know.

In your search for the right film, try not make the cost of the film your major deciding factor (shocking coming from the guy with the most expensive film, right?).

The reason I say this, is that a standard hood/fender/mirror/bumper install on your average car done in the cheapest possible film is only going to be $20 - $30 less than using the most expensive film. Realistically, most films are within $15 of eachother in cost for the previously mentioned coverage. If you show your customer the difference in appearance, durability, etc., it's hard for them not to jump at the better product and pay the additional $20 - $30.

Many installers will carry an economy film as well as a better quality film as an upsell. If they do their job showcasing the difference in those products, they quickly find that the lower quality film is a slow seller (to the point of not even carrying it).

Using a high quality film will also pay for itself by reducing warranty work, giving you an advantage over your competitors, and increasing referrals and repeat business.

There is always someone who is going to be willing to sell cheaper than you, so you have to find out how to set yourself apart by using the best products and providing top notch installation quality and service.

In your search for the right film, try not make the cost of the film your major deciding factor (shocking coming from the guy with the most expensive film, right?).

The reason I say this, is that a standard hood/fender/mirror/bumper install on your average car done in the cheapest possible film is only going to be $20 - $30 less than using the most expensive film. Realistically, most films are within $15 of eachother in cost for the previously mentioned coverage. If you show your customer the difference in appearance, durability, etc., it's hard for them not to jump at the better product and pay the additional $20 - $30.

Many installers will carry an economy film as well as a better quality film as an upsell. If they do their job showcasing the difference in those products, they quickly find that the lower quality film is a slow seller (to the point of not even carrying it).

Using a high quality film will also pay for itself by reducing warranty work, giving you an advantage over your competitors, and increasing referrals and repeat business.

There is always someone who is going to be willing to sell cheaper than you, so you have to find out how to set yourself apart by using the best products and providing top notch installation quality and service.

Agreed....I don't sell lower quality films anymore because the local competition already carries lower quality film.

Customer's loved the idea of having the protection, but didn't so much like the longevity of lower quality films.

Eventually as they came to me to try out my skills and film I offered, they received 2 things.....1 Better Quality Film (touch, site, appearance, clarity, etc....) 2 Better installation / workmanship.

I've learned that spending the extra money isn't an issue for the product.....people are willing to pay more for a better overall outcome.

I've built my business mostly by word or mouth, repeat customers, and or referrals biased upon the quality of my work and products used.

Every year I've been in business, I get more and more busy from this business model.

Heck, when I moved away to Atlanta, GA for 13 months, my Pittsburgh customer's were bummed out.....so bummed that I ended up moving back to Pittsburgh, PA because the work kept flooding in from them. On average I traveled back to Pittsburgh, PA about once every month to accommodate everyone. And since my return I've fixed 7 installs from other installers for customer's who received sub par work.

Moral of this story, provide the best of everything in your trade, and people hunt you down for your services, period.

Archived