2013 avenger door panels

micro-edge

Used to be able to just pull out the bottom seals easily, but that's not the case since the interior restyle. They used to be one of the simplest sedans but now are just a tiny bit more annoying since usually you have to yank the panels (I'd always pull them personally), which are easy to get off. Side seals on some seem to be really tight against the glass now, same with some 200's, but that varies. I do a lot of them and are still a favourite to do.

Just a couple bolts and then the crazy loud Chrysler clips that make you swear you broke something the first time you yank.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright after doing one today I concur. Pull the panels then remove the gasket/sweep/inner belt molding whatever you want to call it! It's not so much the tightness of the side gaskets (they weren't all that bad really) its that blasted 1.25" wide felt that can get you. The only good option to have a very clean result is to pull the panel and bottom drop the film. Don't know how to properly bottom drop? Learn it :)

Did my first 2013 Avenger yesterday and it was'nt too bad but it was'nt an easy install either. I ended up re-doing the first door I attempted after realizing what I was up against and the rest went smoothly. After my rough cut of the doors, I trimmed off a little more then 1/8th off each side and that fit nicely. I did not take the door panels apart, I just tucked the gasket and that worked out good. It was good practice for me and the price on these just went up about $25.... Hahahaaa!!!

I tried to load a pic but evidently it was too big?? I will figure this out sooner or later.....

Did my first 2013 Avenger yesterday and it was'nt too bad but it was'nt an easy install either. I ended up re-doing the first door I attempted after realizing what I was up against and the rest went smoothly. After my rough cut of the doors, I trimmed off a little more then 1/8th off each side and that fit nicely. I did not take the door panels apart, I just tucked the gasket and that worked out good. It was good practice for me and the price on these just went up about $25.... Hahahaaa!!!

I tried to load a pic but evidently it was too big?? I will figure this out sooner or later.....

Yeah i got those little turds down now. Pulling panel is really the best way and it's really pretty easy. First one i did i thought i would knock the whole car out in 45 minutes but boy was i wrong, i got my ass handed to me :lol Probably do in 1.5 hrs now pulling panels and all..

Yeah i got those little turds down now. Pulling panel is really the best way and it's really pretty easy. First one i did i thought i would knock the whole car out in 45 minutes but boy was i wrong, i got my ass handed to me :lol Probably do in 1.5 hrs now pulling panels and all..

Thats pretty good time for sure. That one took me 2.5 hours. I'm sure I could do another in 2 hrs or so now that I know what a high maintenance whore she really is...

Archived