Anyone else having a slow winter?

My work is drying up and i have had that many cancellations and reschedules over the past fortnight its been ridiculous!

anyone else experiencing this?

might be time for some new marketing

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No good mates..... You could do what my boss does, charge people $130 for a full tint and $50 for removal..... Then book 5 r&r's a day, and do a solid by peeling all the film off cars as they drive in leaving all the glue behind..... ???? just don't expect whoever works with you to be so happy when u ask him to do an a4 quicker than an hour and a half..... Also, to be fit for this role you would have to never have tinted a car and spent nearly $100000 on buying a franchise..... Let me know when u apply for McDonald's ill give u a hand

It's always seasonal at this time of the year but I've been steady.

Having said that, there is certainly an air of lack of business confidence in the community.

NSW appears to be a basket case according to one of my wholesalers who is based there with for lease signs everywhere and the cost to live and survive in Sydney ridiculous.

Devil

Use the slow times to visit a few dealers or trade contacts, introduce yourself to as many businesses as you can (real estates, car dealers, motels etc etc) and leave a card. Get yourself out and about and its amazing how the work will start rolling in even when things are slow.

You've gotta stay positive and not be party to the 'Doom and Gloom' mentality.

No good mates..... You could do what my boss does, charge people $130 for a full tint and $50 for removal..... Then book 5 r&r's a day, and do a solid by peeling all the film off cars as they drive in leaving all the glue behind..... just don't expect whoever works with you to be so happy when u ask him to do an a4 quicker than an hour and a half..... Also, to be fit for this role you would have to never have tinted a car and spent nearly $100000 on buying a franchise..... Let me know when u apply for McDonald's ill give u a hand

Your boss has no idea 35!!!!! :wrong

What he is doing is just a dam joke. He is tinting cars for next to nothing. He paid $100000 too much for his franchise, and he will never, ever see a return if he doesn't concentrate on quality over quantity. It makes me mad as hell, and it is behaviour like his that I want to try and stamp out. It sounds like you are almost fed up with it already, then who will tint the cars? $130 per car??? Why bother? It is just killing an industry that he obviously does not give a crap about.

I am not sure why, but his franchise is contacted to use SunTek film, and I can't get my head around why that is. Maybe the franchiser should offer a little industry advice before taking that cash and running.

Yes Dev, Sydney is struggling, and there are guys out there just tinting for scraps. And there is 100% NO NEED FOR IT!!! There is a very high demand for good tinters right now, but everyone is paraniod that the other guy up the road is charging less. My advice is get to know the guy up the road. Talk about how you can try and work together for the benefit of everyone, it may just be the best business decision you will make.

I once again completely agree with Daz, why spend your days tinting for nothing? Go out and sell yourself, hand out some cards, describe what services you offer. Get off the bong and the playstation and make it happen.

$130 a car???? There is the issue. And I am told by the bigger suppliers that I am an idiot for supporting independents because they are the people distroying the industry, well they are wrong, and I am more resolved than ever. A franchise doing $130 a car... That will do me. :mad

ive just had a meeting with a sign company i subbie for and they build websites so il be getting a new site done which should help with marketing.

i will also visit some real estates and maybe even some builders as i would prefer to be doing flat glass over auto, im not a fast auto tinter although quality is spot on so i make a lot more with flat glass.

theres a company in my area that charges not much more than $130 per sedan, they are mobile and apparently a family business been operating for well over 10 years? fk knows how they make good money by doing them so cheap

i really think the economy for sydney siders is a bit shakey right now even though some people tell me they are flat out, i have been told a lot of small businesses are quiet in different industries and no one wants to spend money?

Unfortunately my local competition seems to not like me one bit they steal jobs from me sometimes too which pisses me off as they lie to my customers saying that they were booked onto their shop when my customer has mistakenly gone to their shop.

I may be able to speak to a large franchise nearby and see if they want to work together in the future

ive just had a meeting with a sign company i subbie for and they build websites so il be getting a new site done which should help with marketing.

Hey Mates.

Just a heads up. I can build a site for you for $550. The only thing is that it shoes/simulates of films on the site for the customers to view. I can have it removed, or you can just use it to offer how the different VLT's look to the customer. $550 is my cost, and I build them for free. I also add a few little SEO tricks. Includes 12 months of hosting etc..The offer is there, and I have built quite a few for others. I can build them in less than 24 hours. Complete. I can send you more info I you want.

Your choice.

I hope your work picks up soon. Cheers.

Again my NSW wholesaler said he has seen a big advertising banner down from his business on a very main road that says "car tinting $140."

Now that's what screws public perception.

And I've just found out that one of my nearby shops has closed for a full month (gone OS)and he is also on a main arterial so he must have a lot of business then?

Devil

Archived