Anyone else having a slow winter?

http://www.windowtint.com.au/more-info/39/car-tinting-prices

I was very reluctant to have prices displayed in the ITN website, but this info is what is being read by the customers when they are looking into car tinting prices.

$130 a car.. That is a joke. minus tax, minus film, minus expenses, minus time = why bother?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be honest i think the only thing justifying our pricing (what its worth not some hack pricing) is the dealerships being $500 for tint, if we are half that or 2 green notes cheaper then we still look like a bargain and the consumer today is after best prices but not at all costs, half of my customers are happy to pay me a little more and know that they are getting a high attention to detail job with film that i believe lasts a decent amount of time

i be honest with my customers and say although it has lifetime warranty it will last 5-10 years depending on garage arrangements etc and then reassure them if they keep it 10 years they are still covered by warranty when it does go bad. a lot of tint shops make out like it will last 50 years, i find a better response being honest.

hopefully these companies that are charging cheap pricing, only last a short period of time, i know for a fact i would be highly in the red charging those prices id be paying to tint cars, so they must do at least 5-10 a day to stay afloat

And I've just found out that one of my nearby shops has closed for a full month (gone OS)and he is also on a main arterial so he must have a lot of business then?

Devil

:lol Go Stick a sign on the front of his business for the next month "All enquiries to Devil"

I have to say I'm very glad we went for a "tree change" and moved out of the city. Having worked in the inner city, outer suburban and even out in the sticks! This last move has granted me much less competition, which has made it so much easier to ride the slow down. The competition is still there but a very comfortable distance away plus they are cheaper than me which works very well in my favour. I remember back in brisbane I was one of three tint shops in the same street! I feel for anyone trying to compete with the price dumpers out there.

Agree thoroughly JJ. Out of the major cities and in the sticks its all about service, quality, reputation and personal relationships. Price is secondary, a luxury our big city cousins can't always enjoy due to fierce competition.

Yeah we do 10 a day, all retail!!! There's the "I'm going to feck every tinter around and take their business to make peanuts" theory in practice. Know I'm not being too loyal but hey I'm in full time wage without tax super holiday or sick pay so meh? If I could shed some light, a barber had been in town for years doin haircuts for $25 with a great cut. Someone opens another barber across the road and puts a sign out saying "$15 haircuts!!!" you could drop your price to compete and drop it again and again and again.... But this barber, with good quality work and a reputation just puts a bigger sign out front saying "WE FIX $15 HAIRCUTS!" and u can guess where I'm gettin my trim from, you's r right dev n gts, they'll come make pennies for a couple years realise they got no idea and go bust. At the end of the day it's people like this that give good tinters the odd return customer who wants a good job done

to be honest i think the only thing justifying our pricing (what its worth not some hack pricing) is the dealerships being $500 for tint, if we are half that or 2 green notes cheaper then we still look like a bargain and the consumer today is after best prices but not at all costs, half of my customers are happy to pay me a little more and know that they are getting a high attention to detail job with film that i believe lasts a decent amount of time

i be honest with my customers and say although it has lifetime warranty it will last 5-10 years depending on garage arrangements etc and then reassure them if they keep it 10 years they are still covered by warranty when it does go bad. a lot of tint shops make out like it will last 50 years, i find a better response being honest.

hopefully these companies that are charging cheap pricing, only last a short period of time, i know for a fact i would be highly in the red charging those prices id be paying to tint cars, so they must do at least 5-10 a day to stay afloat

Your longevity approach to consumers is identical to mine :thumb

Also, to be fit for this role you would have to never have tinted a car and spent nearly $100000 on buying a franchise..... Let me know when u apply for McDonald's ill give u a hand

Your boss has no idea 35!!!!! :wrong

Is that the going rate for a national tint franchise?

Even better when they try to tell u how to tint..... Wanting to try throwing windows on etc..... For sure another bust story

Archived