Prestige Spectra PhotoSync

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say about this film is what I just read and what the web page says to me is these folks are so far advanced in their film performance values they actually have out done the most technologically advanced window film makers in the world (Perfoamnce Films by Eastman who also owns Soutwall, Global from India, Solar Gard from Saint Gobain). What an achievement!

:blind:blah:wrong:idontgetit

http://www.prestige-films.com/auto_photosync.shtml

I've been planning on getting this film installed on my next car end of this year. Was going to try it out on my current car but not worth it if I'm not keeping it for long. There's only one shop here in So Cal that installs this film. Checked out this tint in person and sat in their car with the 35% installed, it's quite amazing. It was sunny and temperature in the 80's, I was sitting in the car and felt no heat on my arms, whereas I felt more heat coming from the windshield which had the llumar air blue tint. The guy told me that this film is slowly getting more popular as more people started looking into it. He told me this film performs better than huper optik and vkool which they no longer carry now and it's pretty much the best tint you can get.

This tint is supposedly photochromic and gets slightly darker as the sun's heat gets more intense, therefore the TSER goes up a few percent. For example the 45% shade goes to 35% depending on the sun's intensity. However the transition is not too noticeable but you can definitely feel the heat rejection. The lighter shades has a light blue hue to it whereas the 35% shade looks more smoked color. Tint technology has come a long way.

^ Yes it's better than Huper Optik. I feel it's a bit over rated. I mean yes it does block a lot of heat but it's not all that much than the f1 pinnacle while costing more.

Anyways I finally got this Photosync tint on my new car today and I must say, it's well worth the heavy price I spent on it lol I'm not bias and I've gone through a lot of different brands of tint throughout the years on my previous cars. On my previous car alone (in no particular order) I've tried vkool 70 all around including windshield, vkool 40 all around and the same vkook 70 on the windshield. Tried huper optik 30% all around and 60% windshield. Tried formula one pinnacle 35 all around and air blue 80 on windshield. As you can see, I've spent quite a bit of $$$ on tint so I wanted to get it right and do it only once for the new car.

Although they advertise this tint will go darken a bit under direct sunlight or whatever, I don't see it and it doesn't really matter. My "butt dyno" tells me photosync blocks more heat as I barely feel heat on my arm while driving (mid 80's sunny today). Actually I think it's pretty similar to the vkool 40 in terms of heat rejection but this tint is too reflective. The photosync 45 I have for sure blocks a lot more heat than the huper 30% I had. I did not like the appearance of the huper on my car either.

Here's a couple of pics of the photosync 45 and 70 windshield

mazda3photosync1_zpsef8c2de6.jpg
mazda3photosync2_zps39daa687.jpg

So yeah, it's a good tint but looks like the dealer is really picky who gets to carry their brand. I guess making it exclusive can somewhat drive up the install price :(

Archived