How many roll up windows do you trim before snapping an Olfa?

I typically do all my cutting previous to install, very rare do I trim anything after the install.... unless I find a flaw...

however I actually prefer my blade used slightly before I consider it perfect for cutting.. depending on how many days apart, I may use the blade on a few cars depending if I am double cutting or not...

New blade every cut if not your looking for fingures.

Or you can scroll the glass a very expensive fix.

??? fingures Do you mean fingers? I am curious what this causes, because I havent seemed to have any problems at all using the blade on a couple cars.. also do you use actual olfa blades?

I may snap two or three times on a particular window if I feel the need. But generally one snap after each rollup or doublecut. On the back glass I may snap up to 8 times if I am starting and stopping a lot to cut around stuff.

Blades are cheaper than glass. :twocents

On another note saw 2 scratches on a vw from hand cutting on Wednesday. Is their glass soft or just poor technique?

Could be one or the other or both. Always do a test cut in the most inconspicuous spot you can on each glass to be sure. If window is wet then dry after cut to make sure it is not leaving a tiny scratch that the water may be hiding. I've come across some glass that did scratch slightly so I use the lightest amount of pressure just to score the film and then finish on peel board. :thumb

Guest monkeyboy

Or use a reverse scalpel. Sharp edge faces up. You push the blade. Not drag. And mark roll ups with little marks in the film and use a ruler to cut the sides on a peel board.

Archived