Feeling a tad deflated...

jj

So I had a new car dealership pretty much wrapped up and in the bag, a week later I go see them and they have had a visit from M1. They are going to tint cars at over a hundred bucks less than my quote, put an aftermarket chick in and send an installer.... I kind of feel justified in my smug gladness at them loosing their grip on our industry in the last few years. I'm guessing they will do the usual crap quality work and eventually upset this particular dealer.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tint Activists

jj, it is frustrating that we work hard to secure a dealership and lose it just like that.

Do you think you have the means to offer the same quality tint at $100 cheaper?

Even if you match your competitor, given the same price and credit term, will the car dealer prefer you or the big boy?

and worst of all, please don't tell me that you are also buying tints from the same competitor

take care man.

TA, I refuse to lowball my prices, quality and service costs a little extra hey! It's happened before and will no doubt happen again, it's dissappointing not only for me but for the industry in general, cheap price = high volume = poor outcomes.

Wait long by the river and the bodies of your enemies will float by....

:D

JJ.. I am very, truly sorry to hear that mate.. M1 is losing their grip, but they are taking whatever rural areas they can on the way down. They know they can get the work because tinters like yourself can get decent money in rural areas..

I to lost my dealers virtually overnight to M1.. As TA says... It was my supplier that was behind taking me down.. I didn't die though.. I am back to make good of our industry and make 100% sure that when something like this happens, that you are far from alone like I was. I believe what I have been working on has begun to make a difference, but I still feel like have let you down..

Stick to your prices mate! They will come back crawl'n...

You have my number if you want to vent.. Happy to vent with you :)

Hey tikka, hunter valley mate, not Sydney which is where the M1 price per car should stay!

M1 are quick to blame independents for the prices in the cities.. It is nothing more than survival.. How do you grow working for them at $66 a car? They are starting to realize that we are adapting and outdoing them... MEP are closing all but 1 warehouse on the east coast... Smell you later...

All the best JJ..

Jj, watch your other dealers closely ... Do you think they only visited one dealer?

What can you do mate... It makes my blood boil as well.

Their installers are generally newbies that will do second rate work ,at least until they get up to speed.

Keep showing your face around the dealer, let them know they have an alternative.... Dealers hate customer complaints and having to fix shoddy work.

Once m1 have entrenched themselves in there it will be hard to shift them.

Just a shame how they have chosen to represent a quality brand like Llumar in Australia.

All very true my friends! I'm hearing you about the rural areas GTS. And rocky d, we have all seen it many times where the big boys over promise and under deliver, green tinters fresh to the industry and putting out poor work.

I may need a rethink on increasing my retail side, I have been meaning to start advertising, this is an opportunity to do that.

Archived