Feeling a tad deflated...

jj

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JJ, stay with your convictions , as "pro" tinters we all strive for quality and it sounds like M1 is not there, stress that to the dealers and hopefully they will come back to you . IMHO , dealers are the dichotomy of tinting (kind of like a woman) you can't live with them and you can't live without them. :lol :lol :lol . I lost a good dealership because I had 6 cars "scheduled" for the day and they needed 2 vehicles done "right now" and there was no way to get to them so they turned to a competitor . That was after doing quality work whenever they needed it for over 2 years . You just have to "schmooze" them if you want to keep them.

Best of Luck on that one!!!!

JJ, stay with your convictions , as "pro" tinters we all strive for quality and it sounds like M1 is not there, stress that to the dealers and hopefully they will come back to you . IMHO , dealers are the dichotomy of tinting (kind of like a woman) you can't live with them and you can't live without them. :lol :lol :lol . I lost a good dealership because I had 6 cars "scheduled" for the day and they needed 2 vehicles done "right now" and there was no way to get to them so they turned to a competitor . That was after doing quality work whenever they needed it for over 2 years . You just have to "schmooze" them if you want to keep them.

Best of Luck on that one!!!!

HG,

I have a famous quote I use and that is "you'll do it to me once but you'll never do it to me again."

MEP...I hope they remember...stooged me for a $70 wrongly cut bit of film which was their fault and there was no negotiation or debate on it.

That bit of film has cost them a couple of hundred big ones by now.

Devil

While I agree with devil and GTS about not doing dealer work, I too am in the same boat as rocky d due to the size of the market and demographics out here away from the city metropolis the possibilities of a purely retail business is a non starter.

Oh, I don't do dealer work jj, I find most of them to be bottom dwelling, scum sucking, arrogant leeches that I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

Some of them are tolerable though. :lol

I just don't object to the principle of working in partnership with a dealer, if they can find it in themselves to treat you with some respect.

Dealer work for the most part interferes too much with my scheduling of retail work, the dealers I have worked successfully with in the past have understood this and allowed themselves some extra time in their delivery promises.....until "along came Jones" or rather M1 and their in-house program (much to the disgust of the sales staff at the dealership who still send all their private work and friends to me) :D

This thread has probably gone on much longer than necessary really as I'm sure you were just venting, but I think everyone is having a bit of fun and a vent also , so lets keep it going....

You should probably start planning for life after Dealers anyway, M1 or someone else will probably entice them away at some point and then you will need your retail to be kicking... works well for me anyway, and I get time to take the boat out now and then also. Now who's up next -

Guest Tint Activists

Haha! Sure did Daz! Feels good to have a solid community here on TD for us like minded tinters.

Because this topic reflects the systematic depopulation of small retailers in our trade.

Haha! Sure did Daz! Feels good to have a solid community here on TD for us like minded tinters.

Because this topic reflects the systematic depopulation of small retailers in our trade.

Totally disagree with your statement T/A.

My data base of independent window tinting businesses has doubled over the past 5-7 years.

I believe the topic more likely reflects the sentiment of most of these businesses. :thumb

I can say as a fact that in the last 3 years theres at least 15 new independent guys all x Motor 1. More to come. All busy. I got asked to call a D.P. of a big accout today thats contracted out to tint a car cause they are not happy with quality. Dog eat dog. Its time we take some back

Just saying as well you take out 15 top tinters from any business an what your left with is 1 o 2 year guys, hacks and lazy bones that wouldnt cut it in the real world.

Archived