07-13 chevy pu tip

fireman729

I don't know if this has been pointed out, but I thought I would share. I was stripping one of these body styles the other day and got glue in the felt. While I was cleaning it up, I found that the felt can be tucked back under the door panel. I thought it might have been a fluke, so I have done about 5 more since then. The felt tucks very nicely (front and rear) and is super easy to pop back out. I know it sure makes doing these trucks easier.

I don't know if this has been pointed out, but I thought I would share. I was stripping one of these body styles the other day and got glue in the felt. While I was cleaning it up, I found that the felt can be tucked back under the door panel. I thought it might have been a fluke, so I have done about 5 more since then. The felt tucks very nicely (front and rear) and is super easy to pop back out. I know it sure makes doing these trucks easier.

This is the way u was taught back in the mid 90s. Tucked or pushed seals down for years. I was fortunate to spend a day hanging with ryker. I have not tucked since. Pulling seals is the way to go if you can. Having said this i am glad to have skills to tuck if needed but most modern cars are easy to pull seals

I don't think fireman is talking about traditional 'tucking' the seal down into the door but the seal actually tucking back (towards the middle of the car) and catching under the top lip of the door panel holding it away from the glass..... :thumb

I don't think fireman is talking about traditional 'tucking' the seal down into the door but the seal actually tucking back (towards the middle of the car) and catching under the top lip of the door panel holding it away from the glass..... :thumb

if that is true then it would be amazing...

Archived