3M Dealer questions

How much does it help being a 3m dealer? I'm exploring many options at this point. I had a great conversation today with 3M about possibly becoming a dealer. I've never used their film before and know very little about it. I'm in a huge Nascar area and 3M's name is everywhere. Any thoughts?

If you live in a resort town where the billionaires make the millionaires mad cause they run up property values then 3m is a great product to carry and charge premium for your product....jk

Good film and with people like Patric working with them we know they have great employees. It boils down to do you want to pay more for that name everyone knows.

If I was in the right area and did all my work myself I would use their film and sell myself and 3m as the best in the world for triple the competition price. It's all in the sales pitch!

if if if if if.... I'm just saying :twocents

If you live in a resort town where the billionaires make the millionaires mad cause they run up property values then 3m is a great product to carry and charge premium for your product....jk

Good film and with people like Patric working with them we know they have great employees. It boils down to do you want to pay more for that name everyone knows.

If I was in the right area and did all my work myself I would use their film and sell myself and 3m as the best in the world for triple the competition price. It's all in the sales pitch!

if if if if if.... I'm just saying :twocents

Hey Stan,

After all these years and potential to align with a supplier, you still remain neutral.. I have a great respect for you and your opinion, as do many others. I just want to know... What drives you? Thanks.

Downunder it means diddly squat to the average punter. :trustme

Devil

Totally disagree Devil.

Yes, you can sell against 3M, but the brand recognition is second to none.

It is usually the only tint brand custys recognise so it is easy to sell and lends a level of credibility to your business if you are a licensed installer.

3M do a lot of work to get their product specified for projects, especially with Ultra security film and Fasara Deco film which flows down to the licenced installer

Pity their auto and FG range is so limited for the Aus market though.

Figure out what your market needs. Remember that you will need to charge more just make the same margin you do now. If your ok with that, there is step 1and 2. The brand does not have the clout that some tinters think it does. Most homeowners and all larger commercial interests, have looked on the web for info and guidance. Un fluffed information is available to customers so they can make better choices that reflect better value. ..People hate to feel like they paid to much for something. If you are thinking about picking up the line, because you think there will be a line of people outside your door because of it.. Re think your options

Our shop is primarily flat glass.

As others have stated .Having brand recognition is great. It gets people "in the door".

People understand they are paying a premium  and expect the top quality service all through the process that goes with it.

Be prepared to deliver top notch ALL the time.

When I started at this shop in '92 there were 4 installers. We are now running 18 guys getting film on glass and walls.

The more effort you put into your business the more you can get out of it.

Archived