who else loves removals?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I REALY love it when they dont tell u about it and rock up with purple windows... "Mate u got tints on this already" ohhh do I... Fair dinkum mayt since when do cars come with PURPLE windows

Yep, 9/10 they are playing you for a fool hoping you will remove it for free.

Me no FOOL... In this instance i double my removal cost and put em on the spot considering they are already in the workshop:)) u wanna play games?? OK lets play

well i only managed to get all the adhesive off this morning before my other booked work arrived at my shop. (another rear screen re tint lol)

fortunately the VX commodore i just bagged then used steamer / scrubed glue and the customer was relaxed as he was driving the car into the ground so got that one out in hour and a half

next time im definitely going to price that more i normally give them a rough price this customer asked for quote while i was ona  phine call and had another 2 customers in my shop and the car wasnt in front of me. never again will i price it before i see it.

I have had people come with fully tinted cars and thinking they have no tint, one guy came with a subaru wrx, i told him on the phone id need the car for a couple of hours just for tint then he rocks up with old ass tint that needs removal and said he needs to be out of my shop in 45 mins, needless to say the car left 2 mins later and i never saw it again, he also said he will just get a mobile guy to do it for 150 lol id rather eat my olfa for 150 than strip and retint a car

There are guys doing tints for $150 mates... Any car, $150. In fact, there is a guy that calls his business 150tints.. And proudly advertises a lifetime tint on any car for $150.. Sounds odd to me. I wonder why he does this? I believe he uses Marathon from JWF. I wonder how he can afford to do it... Hhhmmm. I get people every week ask can I do better than $150?

It is very frustrating. At least he won't ever get a listing in the ITN... That makes me feel pretty good. So I am not competing with cheap and nasties when people find me via the network. Quality over quantity. I tint 3 cars to his 10 cars for the same profit... When will that sink in?

Stick with it mates..

There are guys doing tints for $150 mates... Any car, $150. In fact, there is a guy that calls his business 150tints.. And proudly advertises a lifetime tint on any car for $150.. Sounds odd to me. I wonder why he does this? I believe he uses Marathon from JWF. I wonder how he can afford to do it... Hhhmmm. I get people every week ask can I do better than $150?

It is very frustrating. At least he won't ever get a listing in the ITN... That makes me feel pretty good. So I am not competing with cheap and nasties when people find me via the network. Quality over quantity. I tint 3 cars to his 10 cars for the same profit... When will that sink in?

Stick with it mates..

Hey mates, been doing lots of R+R's this week for some reason. It is hard to quote on a removal. Just luck of the draw sometimes.

BTW.. I was thinking of renaming my company to "$149.95 tints". :stirthepot

I had to do an r & r rear screen warranty on a BA Falcon just the other day, the manny paid $110 credit to me, we usually agree mannys underpay the true cost of doing warranty work, so why at retail prices are we anywhere near this?

If your custy wants it done, they have to pay a reasonable amount.

Archived