realistic warranties!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy

its too late! If everyone else is offering the "lifetime" are you going to tell someone it has a 5 yr? no you want. you will tell then it has a lifetime to get them in the door. 

This is true. I think that some states regulate the length of a Lifetime Warranty. I have not confirmed it, but I think the State of Missouri defines the length of a Lifetime Warranty at 7 years. Again, I have not confirmed this on my own but have been told this.

When customers start mentioning the "lifetime" warranty, Im honest and explain that these last about 7-10 years vs. cheap films that last about 6 months to a few years depending on the amount of sun exposure.   Most the time they say that they would never expect it to last a lifetime.

All manufactures should get rid of these "lifetime" warranties for something more realistic like 5-7 years. 

:deadhorse

yep....that is the one!

no matter what we want it isn't going to happen....just have to educate the customer on what is real and hope that they trade cars.  If not then hope that the manufacturer is still in business and will give you something for the crap replacement!

Archived