realistic warranties!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a situation with Madico Charcool and Onyx we were installing for a stereo shop. They offered a Lifetime Warranty, 6-8 yrs later.....all purple. Problem comes when they want you to redo the labor for free because it's supposed to be Lifetime, ummm nope call your manufacture and complete the warranty info because we have to charge you for it!

I had a situation with Madico Charcool and Onyx we were installing for a stereo shop. They offered a Lifetime Warranty, 6-8 yrs later.....all purple. Problem comes when they want you to redo the labor for free because it's supposed to be Lifetime, ummm nope call your manufacture and complete the warranty info because we have to charge you for it!

There in lies another problem. ...Who really wants to do the labor of a R&R at warranty rate? We had someone who had "lifetime" warranty film fail on their home. We did not do the original instillation but looked at it to confirm the failure. It was not worth my time to get involved in the replacement.

Archived