The Jacks

Hows this. True story.

Had to pick up some film yesterday.

Bloody pearler of a day.

Driving the missus car. Air con on and AC/DC cranked up. Having a great day.

Turning left, border line yellow arrow about to go red. It was still yellow when I hit the white lines.

Take the turn and by chance up the road look at my rear view and the boys in blue got the lights going.

I pull in to the next street and yep they're after me.

OK. crap!

He walks up to my window and says

Cop: mate, you just went through a red right in front of us

Me: it was still yellow wasn't it?

Cop: if you can stop on a yellow you stop

Me: OK, sorry

Cop: where you headed?

Me: have to pick up film for work

Cop: ???????

Me: I'm a window tinter

Cop: stands back looks at my car and then asks for my license.

Me: I'm thinking "stupid idiot" why did I say that?

Cop goes to his car, comes back after a little gives my licence back and says.

Cop: I'll give you a warning and just be careful. If its yellow just stop!

Me: OK, Cheers.

Cop: have a great day.

I'm thinking, you bloody beauty!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and whenever a cop says that to ya Mitch, just tell him the reason you went through a red light was because you where in a hurry to get around to visit his missus as you knew he was on shift.

Always goes down well

Haaahahahaha :lol

That's the new rav4 right gtint? I told my missus to grab one of those..... Bought a craptiva instead... *cough daewoo cough*

I'll have a go at you where the cops left off.....what an idiotic example of fitting illegal tinting is all about especially on your own vehicle.

You should know better and lead by example if you care anything about this business at all.

Tinters like you continue to perplex me with this laissez-faire attitude and don't take your expected retort out on me because it's you in the gun by your very own volition.

Wise up man for the benefit of all our industry.

Devil

For the benefit of all our industry? Your tellin me police cars all have darkest legal on them? Your tellin me different laws state to state justify the reason why a 35% VLT is required for the whole car and yet your allowed darker than legal tinted glass? Lead by example? Right dev, have fun by yourself as I too have darker than legal tint on my car.... Yes I do advise people not to put 5% all over their car but really if they want it ill do it not because I'm desperate for their money but its what they want. I know if I wanted that I would get it so I'm not going to get on a high horse saying oh u should not do this because of that. I personally don't really give a fuck? I do it with the same care and skill an I think your a bit up yourself saying the things you just did there.....

I'll have a go at you where the cops left off.....what an idiotic example of fitting illegal tinting is all about especially on your own vehicle.

You should know better and lead by example if you care anything about this business at all.

Tinters like you continue to perplex me with this laissez-faire attitude and don't take your expected retort out on me because it's you in the gun by your very own volition.

Wise up man for the benefit of all our industry.

Devil

I can understand your position Devil's advocate , it is a position I used to hold before the Federal Transport Minister deemed it appropriate to allow the importation of vehicles fitted with 18% vlt privacy glass whilst making no allowances for window tinters? These sort of Governmental practices have the potential to damage our industry far more than anything poor old GTint could concoct on his own.

I would hope that you're indignation was vented upon your local member as well.

Just my 2 bob, I'm sure GTint will be along to add his shortly.

Archived