The tinters cycle is complete!

Begin training > full time tinter > move on to self employed > change locations > work for someone else again > career change > cycle complete.

Through my years window tinting I found 2 paths that a tinter will take. You will either hop around from shop to shop until you change careers or move on as your own boss. There are very very few tinters who work for someone else as a retirement type career. It just doesnt happen in this day in age. Shops can't keep tinters busy enough year round or are unwilling to pay worth value. You will work flat rate commision and do ok or work at a lower rate hourly and reach a glass cieling. I have tasted sucess as a shop owner until I moved out of FL. We were doing well and saved up enough money to get the heck out of dodge.

After much pondering about doing it all over again opening my own shop here in TN, I have decided to take another path in what I call the tinters cycle. Having a background in low voltage I have landed a very well paying job with a future and advancment in home and commercial security. I am quite exited about this next and hopefully final chapter in my life. Wish me luck and to the fellow tinters out there, keep slingin that film. Once a tinter, always a tinter and I am sure I will still be hanging tint on the side for play money. I'm just too good at it to give it up :P

Wish you the best of luck with tour future endeavors. As many others have done, I also worked for someone and made my way to being a owner. Tinting is what pays the bills and affords me a comfortable lifestyle. I own some commercial and residential income property and when the fat lady is singing at my escape from film. That will be my retirement income

We never know what the road ahead holds. May your future always include slingin some dark papas :beer

**** I have had several employees tint for me for over 18 years full time, just saying.... It's all in the relationship!

Your right Stan ! It is in the relationship. The shop I just left for a dealership I have been working for off and on for about 20 years. I would have stayed but I have a hard time with 100$ pay checks in the slow season. If the owner of the shop would have just given me a base pay for slow times like this I would have stayed.

Archived