Flatglass Measurements - inches or mm?

I use only only metric and we have to get with the times boys.

Imperial is tish and try speaking that to a glazier or builder.

And with all the younger people coming on through, they've hardly ever heard of 1/8ths and 1/16ths etc. 

Goodon UG for having the balls to accept this new age and be an industry leader and if I were them, on their next mail out to every tinter in OZ, I'd make a song and dance about it.

Devil

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man.... 144? How many fingers u got mate!?!?

No man, it's all about the bananas in QLD

12 bananas to the bunch; 12 bunches per tree = 144. Give em a bend to get sq footage.:lol

If you wanna work in the Sunshine State westy, you gotta know your bananas.

:lol2 looking forward to the lessons :beer

regular flat glass imperial, otherwise metric,  i can measure and calculate much faster in imperial adding 1-2 inches to width and 1 inch to height. but if im dealing with builders or a job that requires  detail then metric

i never provide drawings or measurements to my customers it is all my own paperwork (this is a good trick to any newbies, providing measurements can mean a competitior can do a quote over the phone and undercut you)

regular flat glass imperial, otherwise metric, i can measure and calculate much faster in imperial adding 1-2 inches to width and 1 inch to height. but if im dealing with builders or a job that requires detail then metric

i never provide drawings or measurements to my customers it is all my own paperwork (this is a good trick to any newbies, providing measurements can mean a competitior can do a quote over the phone and undercut you)

Eggs. Act. Lee. [emoji106]

Ultratint..... I thought I was the only one who said that!!!! Eggs.f**kin.actly....

TM08, what is that, is that some formula for converting? How's it go?

It's basically the metric system simplified. Kilo-hecto-deka [unit] deci-centi-milli. Same formula for it all, just move the decimal point.

Ultratint..... I thought I was the only one who said that!!!! Eggs.f**kin.actly....

TM08, what is that, is that some formula for converting? How's it go?

It's basically the metric system simplified. Kilo-hecto-deka [unit] deci-centi-milli. Same formula for it all, just move the decimal point.
When figuring length you multiply by 0.3048 once and when figuring area you multiply by 0.3048 twice. For example when trying to convert ft into meters say 40 ft of film it would go like this 40x0.3048x0.3048=3.7161216 meters of film and to go from meters to ft you divide by 0.3048.

You almost had it TM , but I guarantee you 40 feet of film better be a bit more than 3.7 metres or my film supplier has been laughing all the way to the bank :lol

Sorry...just reread your post, you must have meant square metres. My bad

Archived