Installing window film with out taking door panels off

I guess I need to get on the panel pulling wagon.  I learned w/o pulling panels or seals so is a little hard for me to spend the extra 2 seconds lol....   however, on a mobile job as many of mine are, you move fast and every movement is a complete one... all your tools have to be at the ready, like once I get the top tacked, I am already biting down on my ez reach to tuck the bottom fast.

I must say, that turned out to be a good job by the pictures. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i choose to pull sweeps or panels. I can install without but I get cleaner work more easily by pulling panels and it is not that muck time when you know what you are doing

Me as well :thumb

I have been learning by not removing the panels. Seems as if I can tuck ok, only a few little creases the first 2 times, since then i do almost exactly what's in the pics. besides i'm not a fan of pulling door panels on an Austin Martin or Range Rover. Always been my thought, the less i move, the less i damage things 

I pull all the bottom sweeps that are made separate from the rest of the gaskets. Easier to get the film to the top edge of the glass (window off the gasket 1/2" or so). And no trimming later using the plotter... The old tahoes etc that are one piece all the way around I tuck

Very seldom that I pull seals. And if I do its on newer passats, jettas, gtis. What's cool about the passats and jettas is that I can pull the seals without pulling the panels. New malibus, and wranglers. Other than those select few I tuck. Although we did an older caprice the other day and I pulled the panels since the side windows have a wicked curve.

Archived