Installing window film with out taking door panels off

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typically when I pull the sweeps I usually pull the whole release liner off the film and drop the bottom of the film in first....   However when I tint and tuck I only pull the release liner half ways off and install the top then pull the rest of the liner and install the bottom....

What ways do you guys do it??

Going on 14 years of tinting. I can say that 99% of the cars I have tinted was tucking the film below the seals without removing door panels. Here in the last few months or so, I have actually been removing panels and bottom feeding the film. It takes a little more time to tint a car but the job does come out a lot cleaner. I have gotten use to tinting cars this way that have electric windows. Yesterday I had a 2001 Saturn L-Series come in with manual windows. I almost forgot how to tint the side windows because I didn't have the tool to properly remove the crank without damaging the door panel.  :sad

I don't understand how some of you guys do not pull panels on one's that have the raised panel in the front. Ones that come to mind are Ford ranger, Chrysler Pacifica, explorer i believe. It's just easier for me on those to still pull the panel.

Vehicles like Ford,KIA and Hyundai..You can pull top of panel back with window in the down position and pop out seals fairly easy.some its best to pull the fastener behind the inside door handle.before pulling back top of panel and removing the seal.Speed and what works faster comes with experience.Doing this allows you do drop film in rather then applying film from top and pulling liner from bottom.Cleaner install I believe and fundamentally easier.Just my take on it.

I'd like a vid of this drop bottom method... please...

Archived