Bulk Auto Films

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you heard Suntek stains from other installers and that makes it so?  Everyone used Venture for ten years?  Durability not up to Nano or Xpel?  Wow, that's good to know and all true for sure!

Haha, thank you for your reply back with your honest opinion.

The differences in paint protection films is all about Pro's/Con's. Increasing one characteristic may lessen another. There is no perfect film and may never be.  It's all about deciding which film is appropriate for you and your clients.

I used Venture once and didn't like it. Anything with no top coat is junk in my book -  :minichuck

I had installed Venture for years. I have seen both sides of the film.

I have seen the film turn to crap in 6 months. Also have seen an enzo with 5 year old film that still look "fairly" well.

A big part of paint protection films is maintenance and storing the car indoors. 

Venture is notorious for film defects. I remember my days at premier. We use to lay the film out on a table and inspect it before every install. Almost every piece had a couple fish eyes and marks.

Our inventory of defected film was bigger than our inventory of new film! lol

I hated the days when you scratched the film while installing and pretty much had to replace it. With Suntek and Xpel that's never any issue. 90% of the scratches I have made, came out.

Guest djchuck760

I am in the desert were it gets 120 or so I am a beginner and was looking what film you think will perform best out here? been looking into three films xpel, suntek, and nano?

I am in the desert were it gets 120 or so I am a beginner and was looking what film you think will perform best out here? been looking into three films xpel, suntek, and nano?

I will admit that I have no experience installing at that kind of heat. I believe all films will be harder to install at 120*.

I assume at that temp the film gets very tacky and dries quicker. I would recommend colder water with more shampoo.

Suntek is a more forgiving film, so that would be my choice for beginners. Its very had to get stretch marks in.

One of my cars has Avery Nano film on it and it has acid rain spots all over it after only six months, that will not come out no matter what I try.  I also have a black car with two year old Suntek with no stains, bug etching, bird crap or acid rain marks that could not be lifted with a simple dose of heat gun or a day in the sun. 

One of my cars has Avery Nano film on it and it has acid rain spots all over it after only six months, that will not come out no matter what I try.  I also have a black car with two year old Suntek with no stains, bug etching, bird crap or acid rain marks that could not be lifted with a simple dose of heat gun or a day in the sun. 

Good to know,

All films will stain, etch, and turn yellow after a certain amount of time.

An expensive film still can turn crap in a couple months if not taken care of. While a cheap film can look good for years if taken care of.

Maintenance is key to keeping clear bra film in good shape. 

We use the term maintenance. What do you all tell your customers to do. I pretty much just tell them the cleaner it stays the nicer it will keep looking.

The three things I tell my clients:

-Remove any bird droppings, etc.... as soon as possible.

-Wax film minimum of once a month. Don't get wax on the edges.

-Store vehicle indoors as much as possible.

Archived