A genuine USA question

Tom hit it on the head.  It seems as though everything has been gear towards what the minority wants.  

You can't offend people.  If you are a fat a$$, you can't say anything to them, or refuse them on an airplane (or make them buy 2 seats), a smoker can't enjoy a smoke in a bar bc the non-smokers demanded clean air (in which has hurt the bar business bc smokers are more likely to spend money in a bar- FACT), you can refuse service to a Christian, but not a Muslim, you can refuse service to a white person, but not a black person, and you can't refuse a transgender person from using either women or mens restrooms.

Gun owners are frowned upon because the sheep believe the guns are responsible for the crimes where guns were used.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom hit it on the head.  It seems as though everything has been gear towards what the minority wants.  

You can't offend people.  If you are a fat a$$, you can't say anything to them, or refuse them on an airplane (or make them buy 2 seats), a smoker can't enjoy a smoke in a bar bc the non-smokers demanded clean air (in which has hurt the bar business bc smokers are more likely to spend money in a bar- FACT), you can refuse service to a Christian, but not a Muslim, you can refuse service to a white person, but not a black person, and you can't refuse a transgender person from using either women or mens restrooms.

Gun owners are frowned upon because the sheep believe the guns are responsible for the crimes where guns were used.

Wow! Strong statement....But true!!

Now I think I need to take my fat @ss to a bar and instist that I can smoke a cigarette whether the religous fanactics like it or not. So who is going to bail me out of jail? Nevermind..I have a 2014 Ford Fusion to due @ 9:00am, leave me in there. LOL

Now I think I need to take my fat @ss to a bar and instist that I can smoke a cigarette whether the religous fanactics like it or not. So who is going to bail me out of jail? Nevermind..I have a 2014 Ford Fusion to due @ 9:00am, leave me in there. LOL

Many places don't even allow you to vape smoke.  

My take; How about we let the owners of these establishments make their own rules as to what is acceptable, and stop being offended at the decisions made by the owner...as its THEIR EFFING PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many places don't even allow you to vape smoke.  

My take; How about we let the owners of these establishments make their own rules as to what is acceptable, and stop being offended at the decisions made by the owner...as its THEIR EFFING PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear you!! I don't go out much because I can not enjoy myself. When I drink, guess what........I want a cigarette. the only place I can do that is at home. It's ok though, I can generally cook better food on either my smoker or Weber and invite some friends and family over and have a better/cheaper time doing it.

. I'm one of those gun toaters in our society. A non violent one at that. A gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it, you probably won't ever need one again.

I'm not exactly sure where I stand on guns..  but I will say that I think if more people had them, it might actually be a good thing.

The firearms debate could go on forever. However, the simple truth is that criminals will pick a soft target over a armed one every time.

:yeah I side with Clint Eastwood's perspective on guns; he says " I have a very serious gun control policy, if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it "

The there's this:

This is a story of self control and marksmanship. A woman survived a grizzly bear attack with one well placed shot from her itsy bitsy .25 caliber Beretta Jetfire.

mime-attachment2.jpg

These are her own words.:

While out hiking in Montana with my boyfriend, we were surprised when a huge grizzly bear came charging at us out of nowhere. She must have been protecting her cubs because she was extremely aggressive. 

If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire I would not be here today! I yanked it out of my purse and fired one shot. 

I hit my boyfriend in his kneecap and the bear caught him easily. 

While the grizzly mauled the poor cripple, I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.

I love that little pistol.  I'll find other boyfriends.

I'm half way thru the 5th season of Leave it to Beaver. 

I'm not exactly sure where I stand on guns..  but I will say that I think if more people had them, it might actually be a good thing. This past week there were two stories in the local news about homeowners shooting people who broke into their home to rob them. 

People commit crimes, IMO, because they know that first, the chances of getting caught aren't super high, and second, the legal system is such that there is not any real deterrent not to commit the crimes.

If homeowners stood up and blasted anyone who broke into their homes... wouldn't you think people would be less likely to attempt to rob someone?!?

Oh you mean the Oscar Pistorius defence Roach :lol

The firearms debate could go on forever. However, the simple truth is that criminals will pick a soft target over a armed one every time. We in the US have had our fair share of heavily armed murderers decide that schools and public shopping malls were a good place to show how "strong" and " warrior like" they are. Obviously knowing the likely hood of being met with resistance was very very low. Those same people could have stormed a police station, gun store, or any other place where armed resistance would be in place. They didn't. Society as a whole has degraded to the point where our leadership has no morals, law biding citizens have lost rights, criminals have become so brazen that anything can happen anywhere, anytime. And defending yourself,family and property is looked at as a crime. It's pathetic.

No debate here Tom. You guys in the US have a completely different scenario than the one we face day in day out.

I would be doing whatever it took to defend myself and my loved ones as well.

Are you guys being spoon fed an Orwellian dreamsheet? This is the first stat that comes up  " home invasions in Australia" since gun control. Just wondering ;Our fearless leaders are bombarding us with how much better off we would be with "control" , While yours are  telling you how much better off you are now  cause you have it , 

screenhunter_352-dec-16-08-15.jpg?w=640

I'm half way thru the 5th season of Leave it to Beaver. 

I'm not exactly sure where I stand on guns..  but I will say that I think if more people had them, it might actually be a good thing. This past week there were two stories in the local news about homeowners shooting people who broke into their home to rob them. 

People commit crimes, IMO, because they know that first, the chances of getting caught aren't super high, and second, the legal system is such that there is not any real deterrent not to commit the crimes.

If homeowners stood up and blasted anyone who broke into their homes... wouldn't you think people would be less likely to attempt to rob someone?!?

Oh you mean the Oscar Pistorius defence Roach :lol

The firearms debate could go on forever. However, the simple truth is that criminals will pick a soft target over a armed one every time. We in the US have had our fair share of heavily armed murderers decide that schools and public shopping malls were a good place to show how "strong" and " warrior like" they are. Obviously knowing the likely hood of being met with resistance was very very low. Those same people could have stormed a police station, gun store, or any other place where armed resistance would be in place. They didn't. Society as a whole has degraded to the point where our leadership has no morals, law biding citizens have lost rights, criminals have become so brazen that anything can happen anywhere, anytime. And defending yourself,family and property is looked at as a crime. It's pathetic.

No debate here Tom. You guys in the US have a completely different scenario than the one we face day in day out.

I would be doing whatever it took to defend myself and my loved ones as well.

Are you guys being spoon fed an Orwellian dreamsheet? This is the first stat that comes up  " home invasions in Australia" since gun control. Just wondering ;Our fearless leaders are bombarding us with how much better off we would be with "control" , While yours are  telling you how much better off you are now  cause you have it , 

screenhunter_352-dec-16-08-15.jpg?w=640

HG, is there any point in getting into this debate?

I thought it was done to death in the 'ISIS in Aussie' thread

All I will say is please check your sources, the above stats were taken from a website belonging to the 'World Public Union' .Whoever the hell they are and what barrow they have to push is anyone's guess.

The below link is a government web site with stats taken from the 'Australian Bureau of Statistics' , I would think a far more reliable source of information.

They show that gun crimes have generally been on the decrease here even well before the introduced gun control laws (which simply require you to be licensed to own a gun - nothing else - they do not ban guns)

http://www.aic.gov.au/statistics/homicide.html

have a read and see what you think then.

Many people manufacture statistics to promote their own agenda as I am sure you are aware.

Daz.

Archived