A genuine USA question

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know about Honey Boo Boo, but when I see Swamp People, Lizard Lick Towing or Operation Repo I wonder what ever happened to the great shows the USofA used to produce - Starsky and Hutch, Hogan's Heroes, Kojak, Knight Rider, The A Team just to name a few.

Hang on, some of those weren't that great either :lol

Holy crap....thank goodness you are not residing here downunder for you'd be in deep tish caught having anything like that on your person. :trustme

What's the honey boo boo about?

Strange name but we don't have it here.

devil

We love watching trailer trash I guess.

You cant carry on your person without a license.  I don't have a license to carry on my person, but in Texas, its perfectly legal to have a loaded concealed handgun in your vehicle.  I don't have a huge desire to conceal carry, but may get the license for when I feel the need to have one strapped to my leg or behind by back.  

Rocky, the shows today are crap.  "Reality" tv has taken over.  I don't watch very much tv at all, but last night I watched How its Made dream cars.  I like shows like that, along with Top Gear (British version), and Wheeler Dealers (and mainly bc I think Mike and Ed talk funny) My son watches History channel, and any channel about weather disasters and WW2...he's only 6.

The repo shows are all staged.

I'm half way thru the 5th season of Leave it to Beaver. 

I'm not exactly sure where I stand on guns..  but I will say that I think if more people had them, it might actually be a good thing. This past week there were two stories in the local news about homeowners shooting people who broke into their home to rob them. 

People commit crimes, IMO, because they know that first, the chances of getting caught aren't super high, and second, the legal system is such that there is not any real deterrent not to commit the crimes.

If homeowners stood up and blasted anyone who broke into their homes... wouldn't you think people would be less likely to attempt to rob someone?!?

I'm not exactly sure where I stand on guns..  but I will say that I think if more people had them, it might actually be a good thing. This past week there were two stories in the local news about homeowners shooting people who broke into their home to rob them. 

People commit crimes, IMO, because they know that first, the chances of getting caught aren't super high, and second, the legal system is such that there is not any real deterrent not to commit the crimes.

If homeowners stood up and blasted anyone who broke into their homes... wouldn't you think people would be less likely to attempt to rob someone?!?

Oh you mean the Oscar Pistorius defence Roach :lol

The firearms debate could go on forever. However, the simple truth is that criminals will pick a soft target over a armed one every time. We in the US have had our fair share of heavily armed murderers decide that schools and public shopping malls were a good place to show how "strong" and " warrior like" they are. Obviously knowing the likely hood of being met with resistance was very very low. Those same people could have stormed a police station, gun store, or any other place where armed resistance would be in place. They didn't. Society as a whole has degraded to the point where our leadership has no morals, law biding citizens have lost rights, criminals have become so brazen that anything can happen anywhere, anytime. And defending yourself,family and property is looked at as a crime. It's pathetic.

The firearms debate could go on forever. However, the simple truth is that criminals will pick a soft target over a armed one every time. We in the US have had our fair share of heavily armed murderers decide that schools and public shopping malls were a good place to show how "strong" and " warrior like" they are. Obviously knowing the likely hood of being met with resistance was very very low. Those same people could have stormed a police station, gun store, or any other place where armed resistance would be in place. They didn't. Society as a whole has degraded to the point where our leadership has no morals, law biding citizens have lost rights, criminals have become so brazen that anything can happen anywhere, anytime. And defending yourself,family and property is looked at as a crime. It's pathetic.

No debate here Tom. You guys in the US have a completely different scenario than the one we face day in day out.

I would be doing whatever it took to defend myself and my loved ones as well.

Archived